Notifications
Clear all

Natural treatement

MemberMember
(@ssabinaa)

Posted : 06/04/2018 3:17 pm

Hi guys,

I've been suffering of adult hormonal acne for the last couple of years. I had endometriosis and needed to undergo a surgical procedure back in Feb 2016, and my doctor afterwards, put me on the pill to control my hormones, but truly speaking it only made thinks worse as I ended up having great depression and got full of acne. I gave up the pills and tried various treatments to get rid of acne including antibiotics and a lot of dermatological tested creams and gels, all recommended by dermatologists. Every single time I would finish a treatment, I would end up back to square one, huge cystic acne, irritated skin, itchiness, dryness, you name it. Until I said NO more about a month ago.
My dermatologist wanted to put me on Accutane after already trying different antibiotic over a period of 1 year. Having history of depression and knowing the side effects of this medicine, and having experienced side effects such as nausea and tiredness from the other antibiotic I took already, I knew Accutane will only make me want to jump off a cliff.
I decided to self treat myself after reading and watching loads of videos on youtube. I started using aloe vera gel straight from the plant every night before bed. I've noticed over the last few days that all my small pimples have reduced and my skin is much smoother. The other large zits are also drying. I'm also taking a vitamin called myo inositol 4 mg a day which is really good. Apart from balancing my hormones, I feel my mental state is much better. I started using organic soap to clean my face and I only clean it once in the evening and use cold water only to wash my face in the morning. If you want to get rid of acne, start loving yourself the way you are and be ware of to many chemicals. all these cleaning products and dermatological creams and gels sometime can make things worse, especially if used for a long time, I say this because this is what happened to me. good luck to all

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 07/25/2018 12:53 pm

On 04/06/2018 at 9:17 PM, ssabinaa said:

Hi guys,

I've been suffering of adult hormonal acne for the last couple of years. I had endometriosis and needed to undergo a surgical procedure back in Feb 2016, and my doctor afterwards, put me on the pill to control my hormones, but truly speaking it only made thinks worse as I ended up having great depression and got full of acne. I gave up the pills and tried various treatments to get rid of acne including antibiotics and a lot of dermatological tested creams and gels, all recommended by dermatologists. Every single time I would finish a treatment, I would end up back to square one, huge cystic acne, irritated skin, itchiness, dryness, you name it. Until I said NO more about a month ago.
My dermatologist wanted to put me on Accutane after already trying different antibiotic over a period of 1 year. Having history of depression and knowing the side effects of this medicine, and having experienced side effects such as nausea and tiredness from the other antibiotic I took already, I knew Accutane will only make me want to jump off a cliff.
I decided to self treat myself after reading and watching loads of videos on youtube. I started using aloe vera gel straight from the plant every night before bed. I've noticed over the last few days that all my small pimples have reduced and my skin is much smoother. The other large zits are also drying. I'm also taking a vitamin called myo inositol 4 mg a day which is really good. Apart from balancing my hormones, I feel my mental state is much better. I started using organic soap to clean my face and I only clean it once in the evening and use cold water only to wash my face in the morning. If you want to get rid of acne, start loving yourself the way you are and be ware of to many chemicals. all these cleaning products and dermatological creams and gels sometime can make things worse, especially if used for a long time, I say this because this is what happened to me. good luck to all

Interesting with the aloe vera because I used its for cold sores as that recommended but I havent thought about using it for sports yet. Keep me updated!

MemberMember
(@plaguevictim)

Posted : 07/25/2018 1:06 pm

"I knew Accutane will only make me want to jump off a cliff". Don't be so sure about that. For some people Isotretinoin works like a charm. I had bad acne since I was 15yo. Four months on isotretinoin and it was gone. Not reduced, gone. No fancy soap routines, no creams, just two pills/day :D 

MemberMember
(@zsacream)

Posted : 01/30/2019 1:34 am

Right @ssabinaa, aloe vera gel are very effective in treating acne and reducing the redness caused by it. Iapplied aloe veraon my acne scars for a week, I saw the texture of my skin greatly improved.