Notifications
Clear all

what works for my female hormonal cystic chin acne

MemberMember
(@bigfeel)

Posted : 06/04/2018 3:14 pm

hello hello,
I have been reading these forums for YEARS and have just recently felt confident enough to share my own success with certain products. when I was 23 my chin exploded in painful red cysts that refused to dissipate. it was shit. after lots of research and blood tests it turns out that I, like tons of women, am estrogen dominant. I started acupuncture and taking supplements for my imbalance. After three months, I do not have any more cysts.
This is what I take:
Margarite pills (plum flower brand is most reputable)
Estroblock
Zinc (I used the Vitamin Code ones)
Fermented Cod Liver Oil (Green Pasture)
Myomin (Chi's Enterprise)
Vitex (Gaia)
Sauerkraut (for digestion)
Dandelion Tea/or cook with dandelions (for my liver)

So my cysts are gone but I'm left with clogged pores (no inflammation/pain/redness) from all the years of acne production on my chin. I started using topical vitamin A every night two weeks ago and a few of those clogged pores have purged and disappeared. I'm hoping that with continuous use all these little bumps will disappear. I have dry skin so I make sure to MOISTURIZE the hell out of my face with non-comedogenic products after I put on the vitamin A. (Note that prescription Retin-A can clog your pores...so I refuse to use that).
I was feeling so good about not having any cysts that I slacked off a bit on my "clean" diet this past month and ate quite a bit of cheese. Usually, within a day of eating cheese, I would develop some pretty nasty monsters on my face. But, there is nothing! I am of course still paranoid that a cyst could develop at any moment but so far....nothing.

P.S.acne.org gave me the username "bigfeel"....what the heck? how do I change that?

PrizedAir liked
MemberMember
(@prizedair)

Posted : 06/08/2018 8:10 pm

Thankyou for sharing your expierence. :) There are definitely others who are able to go lax on their diet once they find the right routine (whether it be oral and/or topical products) and their skin gets adjusted to it. 

Along with my skincare routine, if remember to drink organic spearmint tea, stay on my vitamin d3 supplements, & hydrate myself enough, I can also get away with nutritionally œmisbehaving for a little while. 

I see you supplement a lot of things, if you don™t mind me asking whats the purpose of the Vitex and Myomin? How do they effect your skin or health?

It sounds like your retinol is working really well so hopefully if you just keep consistently using it your remaining bumps/comedones will dissipate.

If they don™t completely dissapear you can try using BHA if its not too drying for you. I find toning with salicylic acid in the morning is pretty good for keeping away both black heads & little bumps/closed comedones. 

However, in my personal expierence keeps me clear from acne break outs, little bumps, and clogged pores better than prescription tretinoin. Its been far superior to retinol/otc vitamin a at keeping my skin looking better in every way!

Though I love it, I do still need to find a good benzoyl peroxide-free spot treatment for these few reoccurring red acne bumps I get around my mouth/chin/jawline right before my time of the month though. :( I feel like I shouldn™t be whining because I only get a two or three each time, and they don™t last long at all anymore but annoying the discoloration they always leave are equally as visible as the pimples.

(BTW or Food For Thought: RX Tretinoin/Retin-A in itself actually isn™t responsible for clogging pores. A lot of people are prescribed Tretinoin in the cream base. The cream formulation of Valeant™s Retin-A, and for some reason nearly all of the Tretinoin generic creams like the ones by; Mylan, Teva, Johnson & Johnson, Perrigo, Triax, Rouses Point, and Spear all have isopropyl myristate in the base! To spare you from having to look it up ” isopropyl myristate is an emollient added to make it less drying when you begin using it, but its extremely comedogenic to a lot of people. In my opinion it really has no business being in an acne treatment! I tried it out when I was as a teen and didn™t see it worth staying on. I think there are only a couple brands that make Tretinoin Cream without then ingredient that you can get at an American Pharmacy. Now as an adult, I™ve tried both Tretinoin Gel and Tretinoin Microsphere Gel, neither of which aren™t formulated with that comedogenic ingredient. I™ve noticed that they™re both so much better than the cream formulations. I find them recommendable to people who had patterns of breaking out, clearing up, and then getting new breakouts when they used the cream)

MemberMember
(@bigfeel)

Posted : 06/12/2018 10:46 am

On 6/8/2018 at 6:10 PM, PrizedAir said:
Thankyou for sharing your expierence. :) There are definitely others who are able to go lax on their diet once they find the right routine (whether it be oral and/or topical products) and their skin gets adjusted to it. 

Along with my skincare routine, if remember to drink organic spearmint tea, stay on my vitamin d3 supplements, & hydrate myself enough, I can also get away with nutritionally œmisbehaving for a little while. 

I see you supplement a lot of things, if you don™t mind me asking whats the purpose of the Vitex and Myomin? How do they effect your skin or health?

It sounds like your retinol is working really well so hopefully if you just keep consistently using it your remaining bumps/comedones will dissipate.

If they don™t completely dissapear you can try using BHA if its not too drying for you. I find toning with salicylic acid in the morning is pretty good for keeping away both black heads & little bumps/closed comedones. 

However, in my personal expierence keeps me clear from acne break outs, little bumps, and clogged pores better than prescription tretinoin. Its been far superior to retinol/otc vitamin a at keeping my skin looking better in every way!

Though I love it, I do still need to find a good benzoyl peroxide-free spot treatment for these few reoccurring red acne bumps I get around my mouth/chin/jawline right before my time of the month though. :( I feel like I shouldn™t be whining because I only get a two or three each time, and they don™t last long at all anymore but annoying the discoloration they always leave are equally as visible as the pimples.

(BTW or Food For Thought: RX Tretinoin/Retin-A in itself actually isn™t responsible for clogging pores. A lot of people are prescribed Tretinoin in the cream base. The cream formulation of Valeant™s Retin-A, and for some reason nearly all of the Tretinoin generic creams like the ones by; Mylan, Teva, Johnson & Johnson, Perrigo, Triax, Rouses Point, and Spear all have isopropyl myristate in the base! To spare you from having to look it up ” isopropyl myristate is an emollient added to make it less drying when you begin using it, but its extremely comedogenic to a lot of people. In my opinion it really has no business being in an acne treatment! I tried it out when I was as a teen and didn™t see it worth staying on. I think there are only a couple brands that make Tretinoin Cream without then ingredient that you can get at an American Pharmacy. Now as an adult, I™ve tried both Tretinoin Gel and Tretinoin Microsphere Gel, neither of which aren™t formulated with that comedogenic ingredient. I™ve noticed that they™re both so much better than the cream formulations. I find them recommendable to people who had patterns of breaking out, clearing up, and then getting new breakouts when they used the cream)

Thank you for the information on the information on the Tretinoin! My dermatologist seriously sucks so I could never get her to prescribe me the gel ughghghghghg. Once I get around to finding another one, I will try again! Do you feel like it keeps you looking young too?

I'm allergic to BP and salicylic acid. I'm honestly finding that these supplements are helping me more than any thing that I've ever put on topically. I'm just hoping that my clogged pores will go away one day. But it's not like they are noticeable to anyone else but me. I just strive for perfection, ya know?

I take the Myomin to balance my hormones overall and the Vitex to increase progesterone production. I am on my period right now and am finding it quite...tolerable? I used to get horrible cramps and my flow was SUPER heavy. I also used to get monsters on my chin during this time. This period and the last one have been tolerable and I don't have a single pimple anywhere on my face. This honestly proves to me that the supplements are working and that my acne was hormonal. There is a lot of information online that can help you figure out what kind of hormonal imbalance you have but I also got a blood test just to make sure. I am estrogen dominant and low on progesterone with normal levels of testosterone.

I ate more cheese last night...pray for me.

MemberMember
(@goddess420)

Posted : 10/10/2018 12:27 am

Hey girlie Im just wondering how you got your blood tests done for the hormones. I have read th blood tests dont show accurately bc as women our hormone levels fluctuate so much through the month that we should get tested a few times through the cycle. Its expensive! I live in San Francisco too so if ther is a certain way to do it that you recommend that would be helpful!

MemberMember
(@bigfeel)

Posted : 02/02/2019 9:48 pm

On 10/9/2018 at 10:27 PM, Goddess420 said:

Hey girlie Im just wondering how you got your blood tests done for the hormones. I have read th blood tests dont show accurately bc as women our hormone levels fluctuate so much through the month that we should get tested a few times through the cycle. Its expensive! I live in San Francisco too so if ther is a certain way to do it that you recommend that would be helpful!

Hi, so sorry for the late response- I haven't been on here in a while. Do you have insurance? My doctor ordered multiple blood tests because she was concerned about early menopause (my mom had it). My insurance covered quite a lot of it--I still had to pay some copays.