Notifications
Clear all

On Loryna (generic form of Yaz) for hormonal acne

MemberMember
(@gabbyxc)

Posted : 06/04/2018 10:21 am

Ive suffered from acne for years. In the past, Ive seen a dermatologist and was prescribed antibiotics. Those did do wonders for my skin but my body quickly became immune to them. After starting college, my breakouts became more hormonal because I would only breakout around my mouth, chin, and jaw. Eventually it got so bad that I decided to see an OBGYN and get prescribed birth control.

Ive never taken birth control before nor am I sexually active. However, I did research and found that its supposed to help immensely for hormonal acne. At this point, I was desperate for a solution so I started taking Loryna. Some of my friends who have taken it have told me their face cleared up within a month. The complete opposite happened to meafter about a week or two of starting the birth control, I had the worst breakout of my entire life. The acne eventually made its way to my cheeks, a part of my face where I dont normally breakout. Ive read that some people experience an initial breakout when starting it but I have also seen reports of people having quick results. I am also aware that it takes about 3-4 months to see any improvement but at this point, Im really discouraged and sad. My skin hasnt looked this terrible in years.

MemberMember
(@mehyabbers)

Posted : 07/10/2018 9:12 pm

Hey there! Been on Loryna for about four years and it completely cleared mine up in about 3 months. If I remember correctly I think it did get a bit worse the first couple of weeks. I had pretty bad moderate acne beforehand.

Warning though... Loryna as is any birth control is just a band aid. I'm trying to get off now and apparently the acne comes back a thousand times worse after you get off of it.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@gabbyxc)

Posted : 07/12/2018 5:14 pm

On 7/10/2018 at 9:12 PM, mehyabbers said:

Hey there! Been on Loryna for about four years and it completely cleared mine up in about 3 months. If I remember correctly I think it did get a bit worse the first couple of weeks. I had pretty bad moderate acne beforehand.

Warning though... Loryna as is any birth control is just a band aid. I'm trying to get off now and apparently the acne comes back a thousand times worse after you get off of it.

Good luck!

Thank you for the response! My skin isnt anywhere near perfect yet due to the initial breakout from but Ive definitely noticed an improvement. Im on the third pack so hopefully, itll clear up soon!

Also, that is the one thing I wish I knew before starting birth control. Let me know what you decide to do and how it works for you. Thanks and good luck!