Notifications
Clear all

Accutane 18 Male Log

MemberMember
(@meydany)

Posted : 06/03/2018 1:15 am

Hi! Welcome to my log! So a little introduction:

This is my first time going on Accutane. I've suffered fromextremelypersistent acne for about 6 years, and I've decided that enough is enough! Throughout my struggle, I've tried probably every single medication there is on the market. I've been using the Regimen for the past 2 years or so, and it's helped me immensely.Although my acne is relatively mild (borderline severe) now, my face is still extremelyoily to the point where I need to wipe my face every couple minutes. I don't get cysts very often, but I do get tons of inflamed whiteheads and pustules that take a while to go away and usually end up scarring. I tend to have maybe 3-4 actives at a time, and my face hasn't been clear in a very long time. This has been my regimen up until today:

Morning:
- Acne.org face wash
- Cerave lotion (occasionally with a few drops of jojoba during the winter)

Night:
- Acne.org face wash
- 2 pumps Acne.org BP
- 1 pump Acne.org AHA+ mixed with 1 pump Cerave lotion (sometimes jojoba)

Supplements:
- 60mg OptiZinc (zinc + a bit of copper)
- 10,000 IU Vitamin A (going to remove this now)
- 400 IU Vitamin E
- 1,000 mg Vitamin C
- 400 IU Vitamin D3 (starting this now)
- 1,000 mg Calcium(starting this now)
- 500 mg Magnesium(starting this now)

Other Notes:
- I never touch my face
- I'm super gentle when washing/drying my face
- I don't eat dairy
- I basically only drink water (and lots of it!)

I weigh about 150lb (68kg) and I'm on 60mg/day of generic Absorica. I'm going to try to update every day for the first few weeks, and then maybe every week after about a month or two. Ahh I'm so excited! Wish me luck!

Day 1- 60mgtotal

Nothing to note yet! I definitely ended the day with more pimples than I started though, but that's not anything out of the ordinary. I probably have 4-5 actives right now and tons of healing scars. I used 1 pump of BP today instead of the normal 2, and I'm gradually going to decrease this until I feel my face is too dry, after which I will stop using BP altogether. Added a couple drops of jojoba into my AHA+/Cerave in order to combat the upcoming dryness. Also, I'm starting to apply Dr. Dan's Cortibalm tonight.

MemberMember
(@meydany)

Posted : 06/05/2018 10:08 pm

Day 4-240mg total

Haven't been updating because there really hasn't been anything to report, but I figured that nothing is still something. My face has been as oily as usual with no indication of drying anytime soon. Still have several actives with new ones popping up all over the place. No symptoms whatsoever. Waiting for it to kick in!!

MemberMember
(@meydany)

Posted : 06/08/2018 2:26 pm

Day 5- 600mg total

It begins! I'm starting to feel the dry lips and I can definitely notice my skin flaking here and there. I am breaking out pretty bad along my jawline, but it's nothing too serious- just annoying whiteheads that look really gross. I've been sticking with the Regimen up until this point, but I'm not sure if I will be able to continue for much longer. My skin is still very oily though, so I'm not too sure about what to do. I'll probably use only 1 pump of BP from now on and see what happens. Other than that, no other side effects!

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 06/09/2018 8:42 pm

On 6/9/2018 at 5:26 AM, meydany said:
Day 5- 600mg total

It begins! I'm starting to feel the dry lips and I can definitely notice my skin flaking here and there. I am breaking out pretty bad along my jawline, but it's nothing too serious- just annoying whiteheads that look really gross. I've been sticking with the Regimen up until this point, but I'm not sure if I will be able to continue for much longer. My skin is still very oily though, so I'm not too sure about what to do. I'll probably use only 1 pump of BP from now on and see what happens. Other than that, no other side effects! 

good luck with the Accutane, I broke out horribly at day 7-8 I believe. :)

MemberMember
(@meydany)

Posted : 06/11/2018 2:04 pm

Day 9- INITIAL BREAKOUT

Okay today is the day I can undoubtedly say my initial breakout is starting :( I'm getting a bunch of inflamed whiteheads popping up in places that I haven't gotten acne in for a very long time (mainly my chin), and they seem to come to a head within 24 hours. I'm still desperately trying to apply BP however I'm definitely going to have to stop within the next couple of days. Using tons of lotion + jojoba, and constantly moisturizing my lips with Dan's Cortibalm. My skin is also still extremely oily...I was hoping I would notice a change by now, but who knows. 

On 6/9/2018 at 9:42 PM, William8026 said:
good luck with the Accutane, I broke out horribly at day 7-8 I believe. :)

Hey!! Thanks for your reply :) How did you deal with it/when did it die down? How is your skin now? 

MemberMember
(@meydany)

Posted : 06/13/2018 11:28 pm

Day 11- Still oily!

Not much to add since my last update...still having crazy breakouts. Tons of whiteheads and pustules popping up around my chin, mouth, and jaw. My skin is still super duper oily (as usual!), which is kind of annoying :/ I would've expected the medication to start drying me up by now...I guess not. I'm still able to use BP every night without much of a problem (although I'm flaking a little more now), so I'll continue with that for now.

MemberMember
(@meydany)

Posted : 06/18/2018 8:14 am

Day 16- Improvement!!!

Ahh I™m so happy! For the first time in like 7 years I don™t have to wipe my face every 10 minutes! My skin is staying consistently matte for a pretty long period of time without any visible oil buildup...I™m still shocked. I went from having to use 5-6 FULL oil absorbing pads every hour to barely 1. My initial breakout is also clearing up really well and my skin seems to be healing a lot faster. I™m still a little flakey but that tends to go away after I use AHA+ at night (sometimes I™ll also gently scrape away the flakes with a towel after a hot shower). My face isn™t extremely dry yet so I™m still able to use about 1 pump of BP every night without any issues. I really want to get off of the BP completely, but I™m terrified of another crazy breakout. Overall, I™m really happy with my course so far! I™m not feeling any negative side effects at all other than moderately dry lips (which are really easy to take care of). Things are looking up already :)

MemberMember
(@meydany)

Posted : 06/20/2018 10:49 pm

Day 18- BLACKHEADS

Holy mother of blackheads I have no idea what is going on. I've basically NEVER, throughout my entire history with acne, had blackheads anywhere on my body. All of a sudden it seems as though EVERY SINGLE PORE along my nose/chin/chest/back is darkening and becoming a little bumpy (I'm assuming this is what a blackhead is). I really hope this is just the Accutane pushing all the bad stuff out because it is a little worrisome. My back and chest especially feel very rough and bumpy. If this has happened to any of you please let me know :/ Other than that I only have a few actives right now and overall my face looks pretty clear. I'm still not used to the fact that my face isn't constantly dripping in oil...I'M LOVING IT :D I will admit though, I'm still using about one pump of BP every night because I'm just so terrified of stopping. My face doesn't feel dry throughout the day and there's very little flaking so I think it's fine for now.