Notifications
Clear all

Can Accutane Increase Facial Hair (Female)

MemberMember
(@faroutbrusslesprout)

Posted : 06/02/2018 8:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been taking a low dosage accutane (10mg a day) for around 6 months. I have recently noticed that I have quite a lot of peach fuzz (fine little hairs) on my face. These hairs are blond in colour, so barely noticeable and predominantly located on the side of my cheeks and near my jaw. By no means am I a hairy person, Im incredibly pale and can usually get away with shaving my legs once every 2 to 3 weeks. Thats still the case and I have not noticed any change in body hair, just facial hair. I dont know why I have just noticed the peach fuzz on my face. I mean, I know we all have facial hair, but Im either just noticing it now or theres more hair growth. Im not planning on shaving my face but I have noticed that my makeup can look quite cakey. In certain lighting the hairs are a lot more noticeable (especially with makeup on).

If if you have experienced something similar let me know!

Did it get better after accutane or continue?

Women - do you shave your face?

Thankyou!

MemberMember
(@coffeeaddict)

Posted : 06/03/2018 2:06 pm

This happened to me as well. I just left it as my skin was so dry I didn't want to irritate it any more. To me it was really obvious, especially in close up photos but no one else really seemed to notice it until I pointed it out. I switched from a foundation to cc cream as it wasn't so cakey and was much more moisterising. I also stopped wearing any powder foundation as it made it much worse. Have been off Roaccutane for 6 months now and it's more or less gone although I still have some left on the sides of my face. I don't really notice it now though and couldn't tell you when I realised it had started to go. I think I'm so happy to be able to leave the house with no foundation on that the peach fuzz doesn't even register :) 

MemberMember
(@faroutbrusslesprout)

Posted : 06/05/2018 6:46 am

On 04/06/2018 at 5:06 AM, Coffeeaddict said:

This happened to me as well. I just left it as my skin was so dry I didn't want to irritate it any more. To me it was really obvious, especially in close up photos but no one else really seemed to notice it until I pointed it out. I switched from a foundation to cc cream as it wasn't so cakey and was much more moisterising. I also stopped wearing any powder foundation as it made it much worse. Have been off Roaccutane for 6 months now and it's more or less gone although I still have some left on the sides of my face. I don't really notice it now though and couldn't tell you when I realised it had started to go. I think I'm so happy to be able to leave the house with no foundation on that the peach fuzz doesn't even register :) 

What dosage of accutane were you taking at the time? 

I know what you mean about cc creams but I find it so difficult finding a cc cream pale enough......So frustrating!

MemberMember
(@coffeeaddict)

Posted : 06/06/2018 3:59 pm

50mg I think, although it may have started when I was in 40mg. I just remember looking in the mirror one day and realising it had appeared. Googled it at the time but couldn't find too much info, just one or 2 threads on here I think. The temptation to shave it though was strong!

MemberMember
(@ek3131)

Posted : 03/29/2024 10:06 pm

Hi everyone! Just wondered if your peach fuzz went when you stopped medication? Just noticed mine and im going into month 7 on 70mg, then one month of 40mg before hopefully stopping.

Mine is light and on my face so was just keen to hear from other people 🙂

MemberMember
(@florey)

Posted : 04/02/2024 6:35 am

I noticed it too, especially during my treatment. For me, it did improve after I finished the course, but it took some time.

MemberMember
(@ek3131)

Posted : 04/03/2024 9:36 pm

@florey thank you so much for the reply, as mentioned in this thread it isnt really talked about too much! Can I ask how long after until you noticed it was going roughly? 🙂

MemberMember
(@esper)

Posted : 04/06/2024 4:04 am

For me, it improved after finishing the course.