Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missalora_b

Facial rash..what is this??? Does NOT behave like acne HELP

Hey everyone,  I am wondering if anyone can help me identify the rash I have on my face. I posted this here because I also suffer with adult cystic acne which I have pretty under control at the moment. The rash started about a year ago. It comes and goes. My dermatologist said it was overly dry from using Epiduo so I was switched to just plain adapelene and told to moisturize more. This helped until it flared back up even though I have been continuing this regimen. I went about two weeks ago and this time was prescribed Elidel cream. After a week my face was clearing up, then all of a sudden it got worse again. I don't know what is triggering it and it's making me so upset. I was hoping someone might recognize it and give me some insight as to what it could be and what might help. I have been wondering if it's perioral dermatitis or atopic dermatitis, but I'm not sure. It does not get white heads or feel like pimples. The skin is itchy and the bumps closer to my mouth sometimes have a stinging sensation. Please help if you have any idea what this could be!

IMG_20180602_1405081.jpg

IMG_20180602_1405050.jpg

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes