Notifications
Clear all

Losing hope

MemberMember
(@touchingboot)

Posted : 06/01/2018 7:03 pm

ive been on benzoyl peroxide for about a year (5%) at first it was working good then i started to get real bad acne even cysts after i took a week break off from it, after that i returned but my face has never been the same, 4 months later after that i still have acne on my face and horrible scarring, i can see blood under my skin, ive also went under a diet and i really thought it was working the first week (face was kinda clearing up acne, but scars will still there) and then my acne just came back. is there anything i can do? im just 17 and this ruined my whole high school year ive been hiding basically everyday. i wash my face twice everyday with an aveeno oat bar as well. any treatments i can get or anything i can do to reduce my scarring and acne i will really appreciate it thank you

MemberMember
(@emb17)

Posted : 06/01/2018 9:07 pm

100% aloe vera gel will help speed up the healing process of marks/hyperpigmentation, scars, and works great for acne scars. You can find this at your local drug store.

About over a year ago, my dermatologist prescribed me Adapalene gel0.3% which built me up to using Tretinoin cream 0.025%, which has been doing wonders for my marks and scars. If you want to go to a dermatologist, or already have one, then you can ask them about tretinoin.

Be patient with your skin. I have struggled with cystic acne for years now and I too hide so I know exactly how you feel, but I mean it when I say no one cares about your skin or will treat you differently because of it. You are 17 and you should live your life and have fun! But definitelycheck out Tretinoin if you can.

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 06/02/2018 4:15 am

I agree with emb17. You should take time with products and your diet.
If BP doesn't work on you, ok then switch to another one and try it fro 8-12 weeks - I would recommend salicyclic acid or tea tree oil.

And with the diet, the body takes time to adapt to changes, so take a solid stand on a strict diet for 6 weeks, and I will assure you that you will see results.
High School years can be very tough indeed, I remember back in the days when I skipped parties and staying inside with a movie and sobbing because of my breakouts..
Just pm me if you want some advice on this :)
Take care

MemberMember
(@teddyjames)

Posted : 06/02/2018 6:44 pm

Funny, I used the same for my skin alongside with tea tree oil. I want to stress the fact that products will never solve your acne, only YOU will. By placing too much emphasis on what others think of you, as I did myself this is a BIG mistake. Focus on your goals, keep your head high, don't allow ANYONES negativity shatter your inner self-worth. What others think, isn't your problem only a reflection of who they are as a person. Focus on how your experience can help others overcome this. Always remember, there are people in waaaay worse situations as yourself.

MemberMember
(@touchingboot)

Posted : 06/04/2018 12:36 am

On 6/2/2018 at 2:15 AM, AcneVM said:

I agree with emb17. You should take time with products and your diet.
If BP doesn't work on you, ok then switch to another one and try it fro 8-12 weeks - I would recommend salicyclic acid or tea tree oil.

And with the diet, the body takes time to adapt to changes, so take a solid stand on a strict diet for 6 weeks, and I will assure you that you will see results.
High School years can be very tough indeed, I remember back in the days when I skipped parties and staying inside with a movie and sobbing because of my breakouts..
Just pm me if you want some advice on this :)
Take care

On 6/2/2018 at 4:44 PM, Teddyjames said:

Funny, I used the same for my skin alongside with tea tree oil. I want to stress the fact that products will never solve your acne, only YOU will. By placing too much emphasis on what others think of you, as I did myself this is a BIG mistake. Focus on your goals, keep your head high, don't allow ANYONES negativity shatter your inner self-worth. What others think, isn't your problem only a reflection of who they are as a  person. Focus on how your experience can help others overcome this. Always remember, there are people in waaaay worse situations as yourself. 

On 6/1/2018 at 7:07 PM, emb17 said:

100% aloe vera gel will help speed up the healing process of marks/hyperpigmentation, scars, and works great for acne scars. You can find this at your local drug store.

About over a year ago, my dermatologist prescribed me Adapalene gel 0.3% which built me up to using Tretinoin cream 0.025%, which has been doing wonders for my marks and scars. If you want to go to a dermatologist, or already have one, then you can ask them about tretinoin.

Be patient with your skin. I have struggled with cystic acne for years now and I too hide so I know exactly how you feel, but I mean it when I say no one cares about your skin or will treat you differently because of it. You are 17 and you should live your life and have fun! But definitely check out Tretinoin if you can.

Thank you everyone for the great responses, will check out your guy's advice. My acne does seem to be going away due to a diet but i still have these horrible scars left, any advice on how to reduce it?