Notifications
Clear all

Severe Acne Blog. (Acne Conglobata/Cystic Acne)

MemberMember
(@justp)

Posted : 06/01/2018 3:57 pm

Hey.
I was recently diagnosed with acne conglobata, which I'm told is a severely inflammatory type of cystic acne. couldn't find much personal logs of this hellish thing and navigating healthcare has been challenging to say the least so I decided to talk about it online in the hope of connecting with people also familiar with it, (which is equally terrifying as it is liberating.) currently waiting to start roaccutane treatment -and learning how to access dermatology healthcare in the UK. Having a miserable time emotionally and physically, trying to stay hopeful, and aiming to document the process. Here is some acne chat for anyone who may find it useful
[Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 06/08/2018 9:36 am

Were you taking any kinds of hormones?

MemberMember
(@justp)

Posted : 06/12/2018 11:28 am

On 08/06/2018 at 3:36 PM, Duperele said:

Were you taking any kinds of hormones?

No I was not taking anything when my skin became like this. I am now on hormonal birth control b/c I have to be to take Accutane.

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 06/12/2018 12:08 pm

Keep your spirits up, hopefully accutane will cool down things. I had very bad acne as well for a very long time, and accutane really destroyed my acne completely.
I just watched your video, you have a wonderful attitude to life. I know it can be difficult to be around people during the severe period, but it will get better.
You can see the scarring it left on my scar journey here, now im trying to lessen the scarring. Once you have it under control, next step healing the scarring:

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 06/12/2018 12:24 pm

Also i watched this youtube video recently,
It was an eye opener for me

MemberMember
(@justp)

Posted : 06/13/2018 1:38 pm

On 12/06/2018 at 6:08 PM, incepticon said:

Keep your spirits up, hopefully accutane will cool down things. I had very bad acne as well for a very long time, and accutane really destroyed my acne completely.
I just watched your video, you have a wonderful attitude to life. I know it can be difficult to be around people during the severe period, but it will get better.
You can see the scarring it left on my scar journey here, now im trying to lessen the scarring. Once you have it under control, next step healing the scarring:

hey, thanks so much for your reply. and thank you for watching! I'm sorry you experienced severe acne for that length of time- must have been a real battle. so pleased you have no active acne. It's really always encouraging to hear from people who'd had positive experiences with accutane. there are an awful lot of horror stories! (though I know there will be some with any drug, and it's hard to tell whether any are grounded in truth.) do you mind me asking - did you have any concerns about long term side effects? and did you experience any side effects you weren't prepared for?
Good luck with the further reduction of your scars. Thanks so much for flagging up your journey and progress. I'm sure I'll be revisiting when I'm at that stage of healing!

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 06/13/2018 2:17 pm

34 minutes ago, justp said:

did you have any concerns about long term side effects? and did you experience any side effects you weren't prepared for?

I finished the accutane medication about 6 months ago. The only thing that i've noticed after finishing the medication is that i seem to be loosing some hair, but that is very common, it most likely will stop soon. If you take a look at my thread youll see that i still have a full head of hair.

During accutane, my lips got extremely dry, so did my nostrils. Those were the only side effects. It's seriously not as bad as it seems. In the end, what leads to severe acne is oiliness, and accutane in one way or another lessens that oiliness to a degree which eradicates acne.

It's our best weapon against it, and in severe cases like yours or mine it is honestly our best option in life, all things considered.