Notifications
Clear all

Sleep related acne

MemberMember
(@klari1031)

Posted : 06/01/2018 2:30 am

My skin is not the best but it has been improving with using very gentle aha exfoliation and proper hydration. I'm currently on a holiday and my skin has been doing pretty decent. However 3 nights ago, i accidentally took caffine a little too late and i couldn't sleep at all for the entire night... Subsequently, for the next 3 days I've been breaking out heavily at my cheeks mainly and on my forehead.

And I've been suspecting my acne maybe heavily related to my sleep.
Whenever i sleep late doing school assignments, i breakout a little. Especially during exam periods.
Whenever i get sufficient good sleep. My skin seems to calm down after a few days.

And it seems really unfair cause my brother can not sleep for 3 days and his skin looks like porcelain. I can barely stay up late talking to friends.

i hope i can get some insights into this q.q it took me close to 2 months to heal and now everything is falling apart. I'm so internally desperate its painful.

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 06/01/2018 7:43 am

Hey, first off everyone are different, so your brothers reactions to things doesn't relate to you. My own Brother can eat 5 ice creams with no pimples, while I get like 10 spots the next 3 days..
Sleep is important for the skin to relax and to heal. I don't think this caused the massive breakouts 3 days later. Only by sleeping less over a long period of time will worsen the skin.
Stress can cause acne definetily, so do some yoga, meditate, play guitar, whatever makes your mind relax.

Hope any of this helped,
Cheers