Notifications
Clear all

Signed up for Infini in 2 weeks...should I change Treatment?

MemberMember
(@maria_70s)

Posted : 05/31/2018 4:30 pm

This is my first time doing a procedure on my skin. Just last summer all this scarring became much more apparent. A few Sebaceaus Hyperplasia that I will deal with later. Got active acne under control with Dapsone and Tretinoin gel. Aesthetician recommended Infini first, she Didn't specify how many treatments or when the next one should be. I have Infini appt in 2 weeks. I have been reading reviews on line--it does not look positive for Infini--lots of grid marks after? 
I have very sensitive skin, have never had more than a glycolic peel. I have a few weeks I can take down time after. 
Should I try the Infini first--my aesthetician seemed very confident it would work-- she does several per week for few years. 
Should I start with IPL laser first? Or what is Fraxel I keep reading about? 
As well-- I only have 2 weeks to prep, no 3 month to take collagen enhancers. 
I am taking daily Collagen supplements, Lysine vitamins, and Alastin Skincare Regenerating Skin Nectar (which costs a lot!)
Any advice for me? 
It is so challenging to navigate these decisions, when no one I know has had to deal with this. 5b10693bc4a0d_CheekL2018.jpg.846f1569f8a23d99d47941b3dbece9e1.jpg5b10693b301f6_cheekR2018.jpg.b018ea04c8c00aa6bab1f588ecad7a11.jpg5b10693c67915_Forehead2018.jpg.6a9b9818965e24f6f31864aa6d7fe348.jpg5b10693d1d82d_Skin2018.jpg.07ec65c4cd0330412f96b94a5d30994f.jpg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/31/2018 5:29 pm

36 minutes ago, Maria_70s said:

Should I try the Infini first--my aesthetician seemed very confident it would work-- she does several per week for few years.
Should I start with IPL laser first? Or what is Fraxel I keep reading about?

Infini is a microneedling using radiofrequency to target mild to medium depressed scars. However, it takes up to 6 months for full collagen remodeling to take place, with 3 months being the peak. Anything less than 3 months apart is too early and you risk jeopardizing the collagen production.

IPL is used mainly for hyperpigmentation. It won't do anything for pits.

There are two types of laser, one harsh (ablative) and the other gentler (nonablative) on the skin. Fraxel is a laser and it too offers two types: Fraxel Repair (ablative) and Fraxel Restore (nonablative). But, unlike Infini that provides collagen stimulation from within, laser is used more to smooth the outer skin (eg. skin tone, pore shrinkage, etc.).

At any rate, it's very important that you get the treatment in the correct order. Your treatment should always be filling the pit first and then sanding the surface irregularity to obtain the best outcome. It's akin to repaving the road. You need to fill any potholes before installing new asphalt. As such, you'll want to get Infini (bottom repair) before getting any laser treatment (top).

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 06/03/2018 11:43 pm

`

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 06/08/2018 2:51 am

Good luck. IMO Infini in this case a bit of an over kill. Seb. hyper should be treated with a hypfrecrator pin point 1.2 watt needle point setting- 2 minutes no numbing cream. Your changes are, with respect mild, and textural. Go for Clear and Brilliant with simple Aaron Bovie hyfrection ... or high pass I927. What ever is left, one session with subcision with HA will sort things out. INFINI should be respected ....Most of us would not endorse this treatment in your case. Up to you