Notifications
Clear all

Need help with my plan. How long does redness and swelling last from cannula/nokor subcision?

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 05/31/2018 11:48 am

Basically I'm looking at getting subcision done in the next week or two depending on when my acne fully clears up.

My problem is lately I've been gaining some confidence and slowly going out more and more. My question is how long will the redness and swelling generally last?

I'm not against getting cannular subcision/filler if that would mean less bruising. How long would the redness last from something like this compared to nokor?

Also can you see good results from cannula alone?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/31/2018 1:11 pm

1 hour ago, thepwhisp said:

1) I'm not against getting cannular subcision/filler if that would mean less bruising. How long would the redness last from something like this compared to nokor?

2) Also can you see good results from cannula alone?

1) With NOKOR, bruising and swelling should fade within 7-10 days for most people. With cannula, depending on the size of the needle and the number of injection sites as well as how it was used (eg. "fanning technique"), bruising/swelling can significantly vary. However, it should be much less when compared to NOKOR.

2) That really depends on the scar severity and its location. In general, cannula will be less effective for severe scars. On the other hand, it will be more helpful in the risk areas where there are major vessels.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 05/31/2018 1:22 pm

@Sirius Lee Thank you. I have a few options atm that I've been researching. The doc near me charges very little for subcision so I can always mix up my treatments over the course of a year. I think she charges something like 200 bucks for subcision alone but with filler my guess around a grand. I was looking into the suction method but I guess the downtime is something like a few weeks since you are constantly causing more bruising. The seems VERY appealing to me but I sort of want a quick fix for now. I've also considered just keep going back for subcision and suctioning like 5 times but since it's summer I'd hate to not go out in public.

I figure I can always go back for more aggressive nokor subcision in the future.

Half of the scarring that bothers me is on my temples so I'll definitely ask for cannula there I think.

Do you think if I just asked for a full face cannula with filler I have the potential to see decent results?

Thanks again

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/31/2018 2:49 pm

38 minutes ago, thepwhisp said:

1) I figure I can always go back for more aggressive nokor subcision in the future. 

2) Half of the scarring that bothers me is on my temples so I'll definitely ask for cannula there I think.

3) Do you think if I just asked for a full face cannula with filler I have the potential to see decent results?

1) You should keep in mind that subcision works only for deeper scars that are tethered. Most severe scars are by nature tethered and subcision works great because it lifts up those scars. But if you have light to medium scars, which are usually not tethered, the effect from subcision will be minimal. (But $200 is a steal, so why shouldn't you get it even if it only meant 10% improvement? :)

2) Most doctors will refrain from using Nokor on the temples and the forehead anyway. But you should note that those two areas are very hard to treat. Without fillers, you shouldn't expect to see a big improvement.

3) Again, on deeper scars, cannula will be less effective than Nokor. On the other hand, if you have mild to medium scars, subcision itself is not of much use (disclaimer: that's just my own opinion). Also, even if you're a good candidate for subcision, one session of subcision will not be enough. You will usually need, on average, 3 treatments.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 05/31/2018 5:34 pm

@Sirius Lee Thank you once again. I definitely have a few teathered that I think will respond well. I've been fairly busy but I'll give a better reply either later tonight or sometime tomorrow when i get the chance.