Notifications
Clear all

Was the Dermaroller just fake nonsense ?

MemberMember
(@arjy2020)

Posted : 05/31/2018 5:10 am

I remember reading about 8 years ago how the dermaroller was this huge big breakthrough and people were getting amazing results.

You barely even here about it now. All that happened when using it was you got a bit red, if unlucky you scratched your skin. It literally did nothing for scars, yet you had some proclaiming it as the ninth wonder of the world.

So was this just a fake promo fad in the long line of fads?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/31/2018 5:56 am

No we evolve, treatments evolve, methods improve... What is used now is dermastamping aka derminator (hurts less, more adjustable). There are tons of videos on this subject coming out all the time so no dermarolling or stamping is not dead. Rolling is not as efficient as a stamp.

One can do the derminator monthly at home or goto a clinic for rf microneedlng and prp masks.

There is no single (one) treatment fixes acne scars, .. they must be customized for the condition.

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 05/31/2018 6:07 am

The science behind microneedling is sound. In fact, lasers and microneedling almost work on the same principle. except one is thermal and the other is mechanical. It's just that there are so many variables to treatments -- scar severity, type, the patient's ability to heal, even expectations-- that can determine a successful outcome from microneedling.
MemberMember
(@clood)

Posted : 06/01/2018 3:48 pm

There has not been a single study showing that dermastamping or derminatoris superior to dermarollingbut this forum is resistantto evidence.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 06/01/2018 4:24 pm

37 minutes ago, CLOOD said:

There has not been a single study showing that dermastamping or derminatoris superior to dermarollingbut this forum is resistantto evidence.

Has there been studies to the damage rolling can do? Just mechanically because of the obviously different design.

Dermarolling was by far the worst treatment I had ever done, anecdotally. That was before I even knew it was off-putting to some, so I had no bias. I had to use peels to fix the dermarolling tears. I never had that issue with the stamp at home or professionally administered dermapen.