Notifications
Clear all

Inflammation!!!!

MemberMember
(@mountainsbaby13)

Posted : 05/30/2018 4:54 pm

I got a huge cyst on my jaw about 1.5 weeks ago. Got antibiotics 2 days ago just in case of infection (never had something so big in my life). It doesn't hurt but it's noticeable and about the size of a nickel. Totally inflamed and soft feeling. I'm not gunna poke it or anything (I know how bad that can be..) so I just put a hydrocolloid bandage on it so I don't touch it. I started taking omega 3 (fish oil) but what else can I do for inflammation and bring this thing down? Im worried it's gunna stay around for a long time.... and I never had a cortisone injection and would prefer not to get one if I don't have to.... TIA

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 05/30/2018 5:05 pm

In addition to fish oil, add these anti-inflammatory foods to your diet:tomatoes, olive oil, green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, kale, and collards, nuts like almonds and walnuts, fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, tuna, and sardines, and fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and oranges.

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/30/2018 5:39 pm

By compressing the spot with an icecube in the morning and evening the bump will decrease.

MemberMember
(@mountainsbaby13)

Posted : 05/31/2018 10:36 am

I have a feeling it might be a sebaceous cyst... would these methods still work for this type of cyst?

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/31/2018 10:50 am

It should work better by following these methods than to just do nothing, but it is your choice ofc :) 

MemberMember
(@mountainsbaby13)

Posted : 05/31/2018 12:10 pm

Thanks