Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yuvraj

Retin-a didn't work for me. How long should one wait before going on accutane after retin-a?

I was on retin-a for the last seven months and i gradually increased the dosage and went upto 0.1%. It didn't do me any good. I went to a derm and he is putting me on accutane. However I read somewhere that there should be some pause if you have been using retin-a.How long should I wait before going on accutane?

I haven't had Retin-A before but I wouldn't see a problem starting Accutane a few days after your Retin-A treatment. Maybe ask your derm about this, he would know better than me lol. If you do decide to go on Accutane then good luck!

If retin-A isn't working for you then I would be careful with taking accutane.
Both of these chemicals have a large dose of vitamin A, and if it doesn't give you result then search for better options.
Start on a non dairy, non sugar diet for 6 weeks and see if this helps.
Just start out on natural ways of curing your acne, this helped me a lot and many of my friends as well.

1 hour ago, Tommypoo said:

I haven't had Retin-A before but I wouldn't see a problem starting Accutane a few days after your Retin-A treatment. Maybe ask your derm about this, he would know better than me lol. If you do decide to go on Accutane then good luck!

The problem is that I cannot see my dermatologist for the next 2 weeks because I am out of city so I want to know how many days exactly. lol! A month? 2 weeks? And thanks for your reply. :)