Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I used to see a dermatologist but I stopped because of family insurance problems. My dermatologist gave me pills that helped clear my skin so much! But I can’t get a refill anymore. Since then I continued using the Epiduo Forte she prescribed for the morning and Veltin with Flurandrenolide Lotion USP 0.05% at night. ( This medication is used on the skin to treat acne. This medication is a combination of adapalene (a retinoid) and benzoyl peroxide (an antibiotic and skin-peeling agent). This product may decrease the number and severity of acne pimples and promote quick healing of pimples that do appear. Adapalene works by affecting the growth of cells and decreasing swelling and inflammationBenzoyl peroxide works by reducing the amount of acne-causing bacteria and by causing the skin to dry and peel off. ) ( Veltin gel is a precription medicine used on the skin to treat acne vulgaris) 

I still continue to use also a sulfur wash everyday which helps a lot as well. Now that I ran out of the Epiduo and Veltin, I have nothing to use. Are there any other good products similar to those like drugstore products or at a beauty store like ULTA/Sephora or online where I can purchase? Without like a prescription? My acne used to be really bad. It cleared up, so now I get pimples every now and then. I barely get them on my forehead. They are more spreader out like my cheeks, chin, or even jawline. And they become red and irritated and big or zits. I really don’t want to break out horribly  again like I used to. If anyone knows some type for product I can use for my skin which is combination that would help clear pimples/zits/cysts please let me know. Or any similar products to the ones I described the Epiduo and Veltin ^^

Also if anyone knows of any acne remedies to get rid of acne holes and deep scars please let me know as well! 

Edited by Control Panel
Removed hyperlinks that accidentally got carried over from pasted text

Hi there! A sulfur wash is great for acne, so I'm glad you find that is working for you.  I had cystic acne since I was 13 and after using Rodan and Fields Unblemish line religiously for 6 months,  I'm acne free (never thought I'd be able to say that)
So their Unblemish line consists of a sulfur face wash, an alcohol free clarifying toner,  a dual active gentle benzoyl peroxide cream, and then you finish with a moisturizer and sunscreen.

To get rid of the deep scars/holes, I am using their roller.  It's an exfoliating roller, which has tiny micro-needles...what this essentially does is stimulate your skin to build more collagen - more collagen = new skin regeneration, which over time, will fill in the scars, lines, uneven texture, etc.   I'm only on my first month of using it, so I don't have a before and after....but if you want my Unblemish before and after, just let me know!