Notifications
Clear all

10% TCA peel?

MemberMember
(@nicolettecb)

Posted : 05/29/2018 2:08 pm

Sooo my dermatologist does not perform TCA peels at her office, only œVi peels which is supposed to contained some TCA in it but mixed in with a slew of other acids.

I found a trusted esthetician near me but she only does TCA at 10% apparently but her pricing doesn™t make me want to cry lol

So my question, does 10% make a difference? I have shallow scars and scarred pores/icepicks and so I™m not sure if a lower percentage will have an effect or not? If I do a lot of peels overtime would it make a difference at that percentage? 
Orrr should I opt for someone who does a higher percentage?

EC6DFC9D-F656-4A32-8F89-B76ED897BAF7.jpeg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/29/2018 2:46 pm

34 minutes ago, NicoletteCB said:

I found a trusted esthetician near me but she only does TCA at 10% apparently but her pricing doesnt make me want to cry lol

So my question, does 10% make a difference?

Only if you want a good exfoliation. It won't do much for your scars though. Also this is something that can easily be done at home. No need to pay top dollar.

MemberMember
(@nicolettecb)

Posted : 05/29/2018 3:06 pm

18 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:
Only if you want a good exfoliation. It won't do much for your scars though. Also this is something that can easily be done at home. No need to pay top dollar.

I know it can be done at home too but Im really scared of damaging my skin.
Ive seen videos of the toothpick application method and the issue is that some of the pores/scars are so shallow that Im kinda risking it spilling over to say haha

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/29/2018 8:19 pm

5 hours ago, NicoletteCB said:

I know it can be done at home too but Im really scared of damaging my skin.
Ive seen videos of the toothpick application method and the issue is that some of the pores/scars are so shallow that Im kinda risking it spilling over to say haha

I thought we were talking about 10% TCA peel (according to the name of this thread). What you are describing above is TCA Cross, not TCA peel. TCA Cross involves applying very high strength TCA, usually above 70%, to each individual scar. TCA peel, on the other hand, uses much lower strength and is applied evenly across the entire area.

BTW you do NOT need to use 100% or 70% for the Cross technique. It can be 50% or even lower. Nothing is written in stone. Start out at lower concentration and gradually go higher as long as it's tolerable. This way, you avoid the "spilling over" effect.

At any rate, 10% TCA is very very very low. I wouldn't sweat it. You'll be just fine.