Notifications
Clear all

Huge weird cyst-like bump

MemberMember
(@mountainsbaby13)

Posted : 05/28/2018 9:19 am

I've gotten cysts before but they were a lot smaller than this thing. I got a huge lump on my jaw, probably the size of a quarter but it's more almost disc-like shaped. It's also movable so it doesn't seem too deep. It almost feels like a blister under the skin so I can feel some fluid. It doesn't hurt but it's really red, I'm assuming because it's so inflamed and putting pressure on my skin. I live in Canada and need a Dr referral to see a derm and have it injected (never had an injection before) and this could take weeks most likely... I had it about a week and I'm thinking of seeing if it heals on it' own. Maybe icing it and taking ibuprofen.... And recommendations? I've never had anything so massive before!

o ya and I poked a needle only slightly into it (not too deep) and clear fluid came out. Not much. I didn't want to keep squeezing as I'm trying my best not to irritate it TOO much...

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/28/2018 2:27 pm

Hey, I would definetily recommend to compress with ice morning and evenings, this will lower the bump.
If it's a cyst then it's probably wise to see the dr like you said.
Other than that, eat zinc and omega 3 to fight inflammation.
And use aloe vera or tea tree on top of the cyst in the evenings.

Hope any of this helped,
Take care

MemberMember
(@mountainsbaby13)

Posted : 05/28/2018 3:39 pm

Thank you. I will try what you suggested for sure. I ended up getting in to see my Dr and she gave me Keflex since I'm allergic to Minocycline. I hope this helps this huge bump!

MemberMember
(@mountainsbaby13)

Posted : 06/01/2018 11:53 am

Antibiotics are NOT helping this bump. I poked at it and no puss just blood and it still didnt go down. I'm going to Derm next Monday to possibly have it injected (never had a cortisone shot before so I'm a little scared). Ice and omegas haven't helped yet either so I thought may as well see the derm sooner than later.

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 06/02/2018 4:19 am

16 hours ago, Mountainsbaby13 said:

Antibiotics are NOT helping this bump. I poked at it and no puss just blood and it still didnt go down. I'm going to Derm next Monday to possibly have it injected (never had a cortisone shot before so I'm a little scared). Ice and omegas haven't helped yet either so I thought may as well see the derm sooner than later.

So omega 3s are fats you must include on a daily basis for several weeks to get into the bloodstream. It doesn't just cure acne after a week like a magic button.
And with ice compress: A cyst is very agressive and usually difficult/impossible to slow down, but ice compress will decrease the bump when using it daily for a week, trust me.

MemberMember
(@mountainsbaby13)

Posted : 06/02/2018 9:53 am

O yes I'm aware omegas won't work so quickly and I'm going to continue taking them. I was able to see a derm quite quick so I just thought its best to see a derm now than to wait and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

AcneVM liked