Notifications
Clear all

Where can i buy something to prep my skin for TCA peel ?

MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 05/27/2018 1:36 pm

When i use it,i have dark skin so i think it's pih

where can i buy it ?
hydroquinone is not available in France and i need prescription
so it's not possible for me

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/27/2018 4:23 pm

Okay, first of all, you need to understand that what you are experiencing is a major inflammation from skin damage. That's what TCA is, a controlled damage to the skin. You should be more concerned about bringing the inflammation down rather than bleaching the skin.

I would suggest you apply ice to the affected area. Takingaspirin will speed up thisprocess. Keeping it moisturized is very crucial, so slap on someVaseline. A good natural remedyis to applyfinely grounded potato pulps.

If you're still bent on bleaching the skin, here the Hydroquinone alternatives:

• Kojic Acid
  • Arbutin
  • Azelaic Acid
  • Niacinamide
  • Rosehip Oil
MemberMember
(@frenchscar)

Posted : 05/27/2018 5:14 pm

I test one spot at 20% et 30% and my skin became darker grr..

So i think i realy need bleaching cream due to my ethnic skin
maybe i have one solution to see a doc Who can give me hydroquinone,but i can only use it for one week and don't know if it will be enought

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/27/2018 5:38 pm

@Sirius Lee: C.C. ^

@Frenchscar
There is no reason for this! None... You know we have a FAQ, You were told many times to read it. You were told with your many questions all in new threads and never in the same thread to do a test spot first. You were told what to do for Ethnic skin. You have contacted me personally to ask many questions and I have guided you. You were made aware of the Acid Peel Mega Post and again told to read it fully. This means you have read nothing! You respond like you know better by saying things like 30% is a light peel and why did this happen to me (30% is NOT A LIGHT PEEL - This is not even how you do a test spot). If your not going to listen goto the Emergency Room. There is no excuse for this.

You even were told in a separatepost yesterday how to handle the freak out post and to read the acid mega thread where at the end several others are told how to deal with it and what to do.

Now a warning from the MOD's:

The content on Acne.org Site, such as text, graphics, images, and other materials are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment performed by a licensed board certified doctor.This can include all requests to obtain or use product materials that are illegal (to the public). Medical devices: scalpels, needles: subcision, excision, biopsies, exfoliation and ablation, acids, energy devices: lasers, body modification and manipulation, doctor based procedures (that are not public knowledge), requests for group support and cheer-leading to perform these surgeries on yourself or others. While we want to educate and empower members to make the best choices for treatments, we have members who are younger and uniformed of the possible consequences of using harmful information on themselves.

Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Acne.org Site! If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Acne.org does not train, recommend, or endorse using any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided by Acne.org Moderators and Employees or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk.

arte90 liked
MemberMember
(@upliftingcat)

Posted : 05/28/2018 1:27 am

7 hours ago, Frenchscar said:

I test one spot at 20% et 30% and my skin became darker grr..

So i think i realy need bleaching cream due to my ethnic skin
maybe i have one solution to see a doc Who can give me hydroquinone,but i can only use it for one week and don't know if it will be enought

I agree that you need to be under the care of an experienced physician at this point. I dont know if you pre-treated your skin with hydroquinone or not but this is absolutely a necessary step for Fitzpatrick Types V and VI. My doctor puts his Fitzpatrick patients III through VI on a regimen that includes 4% hydroquinone gel twice daily for at least a month as well as well as 12% glycolic acid. These steps help to avoid pigmentation issues like youre faced with now.

There are many different strengths of hydroquinone and since youre dealing with darkening post-peel a doctor probably would want to put you on a higher strength of hydroquinone for a week or so and then have you taper down to a lower percent. Higher concentrations of hydroquinone are VERY irritating, especially to freshly peeled skin, which is again why you need to be under the care of a doctor with weekly follow-ups. Some people can even hyperpigment from the irritation of bleaching agents itself which is why you need to work with a doctor to find the strength that is effective but not causing too much irritation.

As already mentioned by Sirius Lee, Kojic Acid may be an option if hydroquinone is not tolerated.