Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unicorn97

Hormonal acne 3 months postpartum

Hi, I recently gave birth to my son almost 3 months ago. Before pregnancy and during my teens I always experienced mild acne. Before I was pregnant I came off the cerelle pill and after a few months my acne pretty much cleared up. When I  got pregnant my acne remained calm in the first trimester then BAM second trimester and third it got bad and now I’ve had my son it’s worse than ever before. My spots used to clear up after a few days but now they take SOOO LONG to go then I just get more. I’ve tried everything over the counter, 5% benzoyl peroxide, duac, apple cider vinegar. Zinc and vitamins. I eat clean and drink loads of water. I’ve now been on Lucette pill (aka Yasmin) for around 5 weeks and I’ve got acne down my neck which I have NEVER had before. It’s around my mouth chin and cheeks and little on my forehead. I have now ordered the acne.org regimen. I feel so down I don’t want to go out or put make up on. It’s effecting my life. 

My question is... is this hormonal? Do I stick with the Yasmin pill as I’ve not been on it long enough? Do I go on antibiotics as well as the pill? When does postpartum acne calm down? 
Please help, thank you

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes