Notifications
Clear all

Struggling with moisturisers

MemberMember
(@shangrilisa)

Posted : 05/26/2018 6:23 pm

Hi everyone! 

I™m new to this website so wanted to start off saying apologies in advance if I haven™t tagged this right etc. 

Anyway, I have acne and have started a new acne cream called Differin and it sorta helps but my god it dries my skin out. 
At at the moment my acne™s active AND I have old scars so rely on make up to cover it up. 

But covering it up is a a huge issue as my sling is dry and have tried countless moisturisers to no avail. 

Could anyone recommend a good mosituiser for me to try? (I™ve already used cetaphil oil free and the normal one). 

Many thanks in advance! 

Shangrilisa :) 

MemberMember
(@bigfeel)

Posted : 06/12/2018 10:58 am

I have very very dry skin. My esthetician recommended me moisturizers used by much older women but they work wonders for me. At night I use Visual Changes Phytosome Nutrient Creme. It is pretty expensive but lasts a very long time because you only need to use a dab. During the day I use Face Reality's Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 30.

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 06/20/2018 6:54 pm

I started Differin a few months back as well...a lot of the dryness you're experiencing will pass as your skin adjusts. That said, when I started the Differin...I had heard how sensitive and dry it could make your skin, so I made some changes... in the morning I wash with Phytomer Accept Cleanser. It's non- comedogenic and soothing, moisturizing... pricey, but worth it. You only need a little, so the bottle lasts. I also use Phytomer alcohol-free toner. At night, I used my usual cleaners. I switched to 'Oil of Olay complete daily spf15 for sensitive skin' because it had non- comedogenic ingredients.
It worked like a charm... my hands were dry as all #!@$, but my face was fine. Lol.

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 06/22/2018 1:11 pm

When I first started benzoyl peroxide, I had the same problem (flaky dry skin). I would recommend CeraVe (night time moisturizer is better than the day time one), Eucerin or Rodan and Fields Soothe Moisturizer.