Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone! 

I’m new to this website so wanted to start off saying apologies in advance if I haven’t tagged this right etc. 

Anyway, I have acne and have started a new acne cream called Differin and it sorta helps but my god it dries my skin out. 
At at the moment my acne’s active AND I have old scars so rely on make up to cover it up. 

But covering it up is a a huge issue as my sling is dry and have tried countless moisturisers to no avail. 

Could anyone recommend a good mosituiser for me to try? (I’ve already used cetaphil oil free and the normal one). 

Many thanks in advance! 

Shangrilisa :) 

Best non-SPF, nighttime moisturizer I would say is Eucerin 5% Urea Dry Skin Replenishing Face Cream (the one that comes in a tube). This product comes in a night and in a non-night version, but I don't like the night variant. With SPF: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion SPF 15--with this moisturizer, using just the right amount (a couple of pumps) will provide the greatest moisturization compared to other products. Using too much will actually make your skin drier.

I have very very dry skin. My esthetician recommended me moisturizers used by much older women but they work wonders for me. At night I use Visual Changes Phytosome Nutrient Creme. It is pretty expensive but lasts a very long time because you only need to use a dab. During the day I use Face Reality's Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 30.

I started Differin a few months back as well...a lot of the dryness you're experiencing will pass as your skin adjusts. That said,  when I started the Differin...I had heard how sensitive and dry it could make your skin,  so I made some changes... in the morning I wash with Phytomer Accept Cleanser.  It's non- comedogenic and soothing, moisturizing... pricey,  but worth it.  You only need a little, so the bottle lasts. I also use Phytomer alcohol-free toner. At night,  I used my usual cleaners. I switched to 'Oil of Olay complete daily spf15 for sensitive skin' because it had non- comedogenic ingredients.
It worked like a charm... my hands were dry as all #[email protected]$, but my face was fine. Lol.

When I first started benzoyl peroxide, I had the same problem (flaky dry skin).  I would recommend CeraVe (night time moisturizer is better than the day time one),  Eucerin or Rodan and Fields Soothe Moisturizer.