Notifications
Clear all

Acne Psychological Impact

MemberMember
(@backspace02)

Posted : 05/25/2018 9:56 pm

Hi Everyone.

Could you share your struggle in facing acne, Ive been told SO UGLY by one of my colleague and that is just saddening..

MemberMember
(@user662943)

Posted : 06/21/2018 8:13 pm

Your "colleague" is SO STUPID.
Life is short don't let you hurt by stupid people,if he told you that it was surely that he found in you something good that he did not

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 06/21/2018 9:31 pm

I've had acne from 2011-2015. it was bad. it disappeaered and left really bad scarring. it has ruined my life. i hope someone finds a cure for this shit.

MemberMember
(@poetickarate)

Posted : 06/27/2018 1:32 pm

Ive had acne on my face, back, and chest since 12. Im 26 now and still struggle with acne and now horrible scarring. It does have a negative impact on my self esteem and mental health. So many tears. I lost all my friends because I was too ashamed to go out and hang out with them so I turn into a hermit and stayed home all the time. People have been so mean, some have asked if its contagious. Some innocently think I have something on my face, but its a scar or cyst. I'm slowly learning how to accept my acne and my skin. Crying, stressing, and wasting my life won't change it. My boyfriend loves me regardless and thinks I'm beautiful so its time I believe it. I just dont want to care any more what others say or think and start loving myself flaws and all. I'm glad i found this site. I will be uploading and using it to keep track and share my journey with acne and scarring.

Amp2695 liked
MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 06/27/2018 1:57 pm

31 minutes ago, PoeticKarate said:

Ive had acne on my face, back, and chest since 12. Im 26 now and still struggle with acne and now horrible scarring. It does have a negative impact on my self esteem and mental health. So many tears. I lost all my friends because I was too ashamed to go out and hang out with them so I turn into a hermit and stayed home all the time. People have been so mean, some have asked if its contagious. Some innocently think I have something on my face, but its a scar or cyst. I'm slowly learning how to accept my acne and my skin. Crying, stressing, and wasting my life won't change it. My boyfriend loves me regardless and thinks I'm beautiful so its time I believe it. I just dont want to care any more what others say or think and start loving myself flaws and all. I'm glad i found this site. I will be uploading and using it to keep track and share my journey with acne and scarring.

I've struggled w body acne as well. I'm 23 and its just hard but I'm hopeful everything will hopefully be ok. Im doing lots to my face to help w the scarring. I'm currently contemplating tattooing over my body scars, I've seen it done before and it looks very good.