Notifications
Clear all

What type of my scars and how severe they are.9 ys suffering from acne and now i'm desperate

MemberMember
(@tuongnguyen97)

Posted : 05/25/2018 8:14 pm

Hi guys, I'm 21 years old and I've suffered from acne for 9 years long, now I'm left with scars.This is my first time here, so i;m quite inexperienced.I just want to know how severe are my scars and which treatments can I take to improve them, thanks <3 <3.

PS: I'm from Vietnam and i'm not good at English, please forgive me for any mistakes!

Photo on 5-26-18 at 7.54 AM.jpg

Photo on 5-26-18 at 7.52 AM.jpg

MemberMember
(@childhooddreams)

Posted : 05/25/2018 10:33 pm

Here's your best treatment option:

UMf4Nf2.png

acnescars2000, Kay24, Nikolaos and 17 people liked
MemberMember
(@grandor)

Posted : 05/25/2018 11:05 pm

Lol. I think what @ChildhoodDreamsis trying to say is, your scars are v minor. I can't even see them. Don't obsess over this minor issue, and go live your life. Congrats on ending your battle with acne.

MemberMember
(@tuongnguyen97)

Posted : 05/26/2018 4:04 am

Thanks guys, maybe the picture did not do it justice, I still have scars and i'm very self-conscious about them.I cant even look in the mirror every morning and I envy with people with normal skin.Maybe I'm my worst critic, I need to change my mindset.This thing haunts my mind for so long and I'm still young =(((.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/26/2018 9:27 am

10 hours ago, ChildhoodDreams said:

Here's your best treatment option:

UMf4Nf2.png

LOL.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 05/26/2018 11:49 am

@ChildhoodDreamsLOL

@TuongNguyen97 In all fairness it is tough to see in the lighting. To me it looks like you may have some ice picks scars. The gold standard for icepicks is TCA cross. Try to see if you can get some photos in angle lighting where it really accentuates the true depth/size of the scar.

MemberMember
(@tuongnguyen97)

Posted : 05/26/2018 6:18 pm

Thanks @thewhisp^^.After a little research I think I have icepicks too.Unfortunately, in my area there is no dermatologist that perform TCA cross. I've read here that i can perform the technique on my own.There's just one deep icepick and 8 of not-so deep ones, plus 1 long icepick.I don't know if that one has lengthened over time? Does it mean it is healing :3.I' ll try to take another pic :3

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 05/26/2018 6:28 pm

Go and enjoy your life, those scars are absolutely nothing to worry about

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 05/26/2018 11:56 pm

Childhooddreams is right

you should must logout from this forum and enjoy your life

these scars are nothing
.most people in world have these type of.minor scarring....

stay positive and think that many people in this world have fully destroyed face from skin cancers ..acne ..pox
and in reality except you not a single person in world gonna notice that...

enjoy your life

MemberMember
(@tuongnguyen97)

Posted : 05/27/2018 8:08 am

8 hours ago, Anish004 said:

Childhooddreams is right

you should must logout from this forum and enjoy your life

these scars are nothing
.most people in world have these type of.minor scarring....

stay positive and think that many people in this world have fully destroyed face from skin cancers ..acne ..pox
and in reality except you not a single person in world gonna notice that...

enjoy your life

13 hours ago, jPablo said:

Go and enjoy your life, those scars are absolutely nothing to worry about

20 hours ago, thepwhisp said:
@ChildhoodDreamsLOL

@TuongNguyen97 In all fairness it is tough to see in the lighting. To me it looks like you may have some ice picks scars. The gold standard for icepicks is TCA cross. Try to see if you can get some photos in angle lighting where it really accentuates the true depth/size of the scar.

Thankssss a lot <3 <3 .Though my scars are not that minor i will change my attitude towards myself , at the same time improving on their appearance, maybe I'll take a look on TCA cross, further some chemical peels to help even out my skin.This is a long journey

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 05/27/2018 9:35 am

Honestly, I would have never noticed them if you didn't point them out :)

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 05/29/2018 9:50 pm

MemberMember
(@tuongnguyen97)

Posted : 06/01/2018 6:37 am

OK, I applied TCA cross on several of my scars.First day nothing happens, I expectedit to be very red and pink but it did not.Now after 30 hours I feel a burning sensation in my skin, it is so intense. The wound is starting to swollen up a bit, scars are being widened.Is this normal ?