Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Imfuckindone

Accutane log / progress (whos nervous? Lol not me! ... jk Im v nervous)

Ok so idk if anyone will care to read this but Hii! :) if you’re on here I’m assuming you’re going through a similarly hard time and I wish you the best and hope you find what works for you soon!
ok backstory I have had acne since I was 13, I have it on my face (rarely on my cheeks though), and on my back and chest (though I am better at dealing with that for some reason)
after years I came to the realization my acne was hormonal. I get painful “blind pimples” and whit heads, the worst of it is around my chin/jaw. 
I did everything suggested, including ridiculous things like oatmeal to the face :/ only one thing worked, doxycycline, and for a year I was clear and it was as wonderful as I thought it would be...i think that is why it was so hard when it came back. I tried everything I could for the 10 months following it’s awful return. Unfortunately, spironolactone was last and did not work.

So, well, here we are, the end of the road. I never wanted to go on accutane, but I’m 21 now, nothing else worked, and my level of self confidence is lower than the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. So, i give in and i hope it will take the one course and never come back so i can finally move on with my damn life! 

Month 1 day 7
So not much has happened...I think my face is starting to feel a little drier. I’m still dealing with a really bad hormonal breakout. I knew it was coming but it sucks that it corresponds with the first week of this medication.

*little rant ~ My worst nightmare happened yesterday! Since my acne is around my chin, i have trouble eating. Sometimes the painful under pressure spots will pop due to the chewing  (ugh horrible I know) it had never happened in public but I was always terrified that it would. Well...Yesterday. Was. That. Day.
We went to the beach and at least it was the end of the day when we got food. When I got into the back of the car I saw it. In the mirror. The horror. O_O It was really sunny so I saw the light reflect off the bead of blood and nasty that had popped on  side of my chin. 
I spent the hour long journey home covering my face with the sleeve of my sweatshirt, then holding my bag in front of my face so my friends wouldnt notice. (Im realizing now how dumb I must’ve looked like picture it...gets out car *voice muffled by large bag covering face* “great day guys! Really fun... What? Why do I have a bag covering my face? Uh well...Why don’t you have a bag in front of your face? huh?! I gotta go!”)
man it was the fucking worst, I hit a new low  I’m desperate for this to end it ruined my otherwise nice day :(

Respectfully, Bag-Face Lady.  
(That is my new name)

Edited by Imfuckindone

Month 1 day 8
Ok...not so fun today...
veryyy personal but I said I would log everything so ... it’s funny my face and lips aren’t too dry at all so I didn’t expect that other areas would be dry yet...:food_n_drink_10: ya, v uncomfortable.

I’m going to get a softener, up my water intake, and eat more fiber.

If it doesn’t change or gets worse I’ll reluctantly call the doctor :( I know it can become serious so I hope after doing those three things it will rectify the problem.
I NEED this to work, I remember how much happier I was when I cleared up, I don’t want to lose this chance at clearing it forever.
But, I have to be smart, I know my health is more important.
super bummed today tho (ok I’ll stop)

Month 1 day 10
okay first blister pack finished today! Yay.
Short update: nose def dry, feeling v slight aches side/back, the..other problem is getting better I think, still little stingy but it was much easier this morning. Also, I wasn’t sure if my breaking out was only because of my period but I think it’s a combination now. I was afraid of getting an initial breakout so it sucks. At least it’s summer...but I don’t want to keep blowing off my friends so I’m going to have to venture outside. ugh maybe I should assume my full bag-lady form and move on to wearing one on my head when I leave the house. Call it a fashion statement™️.

Month 1 day 16
ok my chin is getting so dry! Really loving it (: I made the mistake yesterday of putting powder over my makeup. ha ya BIG MISTAKE. And yes. My face still looks like shit. what else is new.
the other side effects aren’t bad, some headaches, v slightly achy elbow and sides, dry nose, and dry patches on face. 

I’m just struggling with the initial breakout, I can’t even joke about it. It just really sucks, and now it’s harder to cover because it’s dry.
i am having a hard time staying positive because im just so done at this point, but Ik it’s still v early days...

yesterday was rough though, i went out with friends because I’ve been hiding in my house the past week. And I just felt so self conscious, I was afraid to smile because my skin felt really tight (no thanks to the fuckin setting powder. Never Again.) and because of the IB i have more cysts or “blind pimples” And it felt painful, like throbbing, even when I wasn’t doing anything. It just sucked. I would just appreciate not feeling Iike a creature that has emerged from a swamp every time i wake up thanks. And Im desperate to just go outside feeling confident without makeup and to stop thinking about all this. 

Im supposed to go hiking next week, I want to go but we’ll see...I just want to hide until the IB has run its course, but who knows when that’ll be...

Month 1 day 19
OWWWWW :smileys_n_people_44: This is the worst day of IB aghhhhhh it feels like someone is constantly punching me in the fucking face it’s so painful!! I’m trying to get out of any commitments because i cannot go out in public like this. THIS SUCKS ASS, Fuck my dermatologist she ducking lied, I asked about the IB and she was like oh no don’t worry about that you shouldn’t have to deal with that. Why do they lie?? Like I didn’t believe her and I knew it’d get worse, and look it has gotten substantially worse. like I’d rather you be honest with me! I’m changing dermatologists anyway so fuck her. It is really hard to have hope, I’m going on a two week study abroad in July too and now I’m terrified that it will be this bad then too I HATE THIS

On 6/5/2018 at 11:06 AM, Imfuckindone said:
Month 1 day 19
OWWWWW :smileys_n_people_44: This is the worst day of IB aghhhhhh it feels like someone is constantly punching me in the fucking face it’s so painful!! I’m trying to get out of any commitments because i cannot go out in public like this. THIS SUCKS ASS, Fuck my dermatologist she ducking lied, I asked about the IB and she was like oh no don’t worry about that you shouldn’t have to deal with that. Why do they lie?? Like I didn’t believe her and I knew it’d get worse, and look it has gotten substantially worse. like I’d rather you be honest with me! I’m changing dermatologists anyway so fuck her. It is really hard to have hope, I’m going on a two week study abroad in July too and now I’m terrified that it will be this bad then too I HATE THIS
I know how you feel. I broke out all over my neck from the 2nd week all the way until Month 3 (where i am at now) and it seems to be slowing down a bit (knock on wood). I too wish i could hide at home all day and not go out until these spots are gone, but these are the type that stay on me for weeks to MONTHs...big red pimples too smh.

My derm also told me since I am on a loe dose that i wouldnt break out but that was a lie...i honestly dont think switching derms will do you much good....you just never know what is going to happen in your treatment period...i wish there was a derm out there that could...

stay strong and know that you are not alone in this.

On 6/25/2018 at 9:49 PM, Usama said:

How are you doing now?
i am on my week 7.

Im not doing good. 3 1/2 months in and im still breaking out...especially on my neck (where i never have broken out before) today i felt like calling off work and tomorrow i think i definitely will. This shit sucks man lol

how are you doing?

22 hours ago, Ludadubz said:
Im not doing good. 3 1/2 months in and im still breaking out...especially on my neck (where i never have broken out before) today i felt like calling off work and tomorrow i think i definitely will. This shit sucks man lol

how are you doing?
It's been exact 7 weeks i am on 40mg a day, my cheeks and the jawline are the ones where i usually break last few weeks were terrible for me had a very bad breakout, now left cheeks has no actives but tons of red marks and the right cheek has 3 to 4 pimples which i popped today and a lot of red marks, i know it sucks i didn't knew that this drug will affect me like this to, i don't go out in the day i only leave home at night this drug gave me heavy mood swings and alot of aggression, but stick with it man it will get better just stay positive and keep us updated :) Edited by Usama

18 hours ago, Usama said:
It's been exact 7 weeks i am on 40mg a day, my cheeks and the jawline are the ones where i usually break last few weeks were terrible for me had a very bad breakout, now left cheeks has no actives but tons of red marks and the right cheek has 3 to 4 pimples which i popped today and a lot of red marks, i know it sucks i didn't knew that this drug will affect me like this to, i don't go out in the day i only leave home at night this drug gave me heavy mood swings and alot of aggression, but stick with it man it will get better just stay positive and keep us updated :)
Yea man, we will definitely get through this and have great results. Just gotta wait for the accutane God to bless us with the clear skin.

hey, im not sure if you have reddit, but there is a very good accutane forum there that i find very helpful, more than acne.org and people are very helpful. you should join over there if you have a  reddit account.

6 hours ago, Ludadubz said:
Yea man, we will definitely get through this and have great results. Just gotta wait for the accutane God to bless us with the clear skin.

hey, im not sure if you have reddit, but there is a very good accutane forum there that i find very helpful, more than acne.org and people are very helpful. you should join over there if you have a  reddit account.
haha yep bro seriously can't wait to have that good skin :D
i will check reddit thanks man :)

I have done 3 courses of accutane over 15 years. Every time, my cystic acne came back after a year or two. I have done endless courses of antibiotics. 
The only thing that has ever really helped my skin is doing a candida cleanse, and then eating well after doing the cleanse. 
When I eat poorly, I break out. 

This book helped me immensely:
[Link removed]
Ann Boroch's "The Candida Cure" 

I wanted to post this here because if I had known about this sooner it would have saved me so much money and time, feeling bad about my skin, and I would have avoided getting burns on my face from a laser treatment gone bad. 
So if you have the inclination to rebalance your body and see how it helps your skin, I highly recommend doing a candida cleanse. 

Edited by Control Panel
Unnecessary linking