Notifications
Clear all

Boxcar scars edges

MemberMember
(@lorzz)

Posted : 05/24/2018 7:21 pm

I've had some procedures for my acne scars, 1x subcision and 2x dermapen with my dermatologist. I plan to get maybe 1-2 more subcisions and maybe 1 more dermapen. I've had some good results with these, and most of my atrophic scars are almost level with my skin.

Now my problem is that I still have quite a few stubborn boxcar scars that have jagged edges, and I don't really see these being treated with subcision. Maybe microneedling can help, but while they've softened a bit, they still stand out. I think if I can soften the walls to where they're essentially level with the skin as well, I can be satisfied.

I've read about procedures like fully ablative laser or deep phenol peels. Unfortunately, I am Asian and live in SE Asia, where these procedures are non-existent. The best I can probably get is fractional lasers, 30-40% TCA peels and maybe dermabrasion. There's also RF microneedling, but I think these work under the skin and aren't really ideal for surface issues.

What do you guys recommend? Can multiple fractional lasers or peels get the job done of softening these boxcar scar walls?

Apologies for no picture, but I'm not really comfy with my pic on the net.

MemberMember
(@lorzz)

Posted : 05/24/2018 11:12 pm

Sorry seem to have misposted this here, gonna repost it in the main scar section. Feel free to delete this.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/26/2018 3:24 am

@LorzzTravel to where they can do ablative resurfacing or if you can do nothing better do the tca and dermabrasion to the individual scars only to smooth the walls. Also have you done RF microneedling, this can work well on boxcars, you do this before resurfacing.