Notifications
Clear all

What can be done about my scarring

MemberMember
(@its_nic)

Posted : 05/21/2018 11:38 pm

Ok so I have had acne on and off since the age of 12 or so. It has left me with some pretty severe scarring which has been making me extremely depressed. What can I do to improve my scars and what would be a realistic expectation? At the moment I'm undergoing infini rf microneedling and it seems to help

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/22/2018 5:06 am

Hey I would recommend you to use aloe vera gel overnight to heal the scarring.
Also do exfoliation 1-2 times a week with AHA or BHA or just a clay mask.
Pm me for some advice if you need,
cheers

MemberMember
(@dermagreens)

Posted : 05/22/2018 11:08 am

Hi 
I can't see very closely but looking at your profile pic it looks like you have icepick scars?. If so, you may want to look into Subcision, which can have excellent results. Also laser resurfacing, or dermabrasion are ones to look into. I know procedures like these seem extreme but sometimes the depression can be more extreme :( Good luck!

MemberMember
(@its_nic)

Posted : 05/22/2018 12:01 pm

True. Well here's the scars from my right and left side. I don't have that many on my left side but on my right side i have a lot of scars. It looks a bit better currently because my acne has cleared and I had the infini rf but its only been since Saturday so I'm assuming the scars will return to normal soon 

Screenshot_2018-05-17-21-07-20.png

Screenshot_2018-05-14-18-58-34.png

MemberMember
(@dermagreens)

Posted : 05/22/2018 6:08 pm

so are you still suffering from acne breakouts? or just trying to heal the scarring at this point?

MemberMember
(@its_nic)

Posted : 05/22/2018 8:30 pm

I still have some light acne but it comes and goes. At the moment I use retin A and clindamycin

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/23/2018 12:10 am

12 hours ago, Its_nic said:

Well here's the scars from my right and left side. I don't have that many on my left side but on my right side i have a lot of scars. It looks a bit better currently because my acne has cleared and I had the infini rf but its only been since Saturday so I'm assuming the scars will return to normal soon

First, you're posting in the wrong forum. Head over to theScar Treatmentssection for more in-depth help.

At any rate, you have a mixture of boxcar and icepick scars. Each of these scars require different treatment modality. Your boxcars are fairly deep and would need treatments like subcision and Infini that would help produce new collagen. Icepick can be treated with TCA Cross method. Again, I suggest you make a new post in the Scar Treatment.

12 hours ago, Its_nic said:

I had the infini rf but its only been since Saturday so I'm assuming the scars will return to normal soon

Okay, so you've already had Infini like 3 days ago. Yet I don't see much swelling, if any. Usually both microswelling and redness would last more than a week. Do you know what setting (eg. depth and power) were used? For your type of scars, a skilled operator would have gone pretty aggressively, which would have left a good amount of inflammation.