Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlliV

Spironolactone, Aczone and Adapalene .3%

My doctor prescribed Aczone (once in the morning), spironolactone (50 mg I take at night) and Adapalene .3% also at night. Thanks to reading many personal stories online I was able to stick it out and after 3 months my face feels amazing. If I get a zit, it’s gone in a day. I’m honestly in shock because it felt pretty hopeless at times. The Adapalene is intense and I started out using it very sparingly, every other day for several weeks until my face got used to it. My face was burning the first few times but I truly think that it has been the most effective. I’m a 33 year old mother of two who has fought acne off and on since I was 12 years old. I went on Acutane at age 14 and it along with birth control saved me through my teen years. I still had occasional breakouts but nothing major until I went off birth control in my late 20s and my face took a turn for the worse. I tried antibiotics for a bit, powered through with nothing when I was pregnant and then tried to get by with over the counter washes and creams until about 3 months ago when I was finally fed up and went back to see a dermatologist. I was so incredibly unhappy with my skin. I was popping zits daily and trying to cover up the mess under a lot of makeup. I hope this helps someone out there who is weeks into the process and struggling. It takes TIME. Give it at least three months before trying something new. It may seem like forever...it did to me but I am happy to say I made it!

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes