Notifications
Clear all

I have no idea what to do with my skin anymore!

MemberMember
(@bell33)

Posted : 05/21/2018 6:33 pm

Ive been suffering from acne since I was 13 and I am 16 now turning 17 soon and the acne has only just gotten worse.

There was a period in time where my skin started to clear up when I applied Tea Tree Oil to it every night but it dried my skin out so I stopped using it and my acne just came back way worse as soon as I stopped, so I tried to go back to it but now my skin just rejects it and nothing has changed.

Ive heard the amazing reviews on the Indian healing clay mask so I got some and have been using it for the past two weeks, mixed with applie cider vinegar and tea tree oil, Ive been using it every night and applying moisturiser after. But feel as if my skin is just getting worse and worse and worse, I just dont know what to do and I cant go to the doctors about it as my Mum wont take me because she thinks its silly.

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/22/2018 5:18 am

Hey, so are you getting acne on you jawline or cheeks or forehead?
A clay mask is very helpful for your skin, but it's enough to use it 1-2 times a week, beacuse the skin also needs to regenerate and get used to new skin.
Since you are in your teens hormones are developing. So also have a look at the diet, drop soft drinks, sugar and milk (hormonal), and acne formations will most likely decrease.
Just pm me for advice anytime :)
take care

MemberMember
(@dermagreens)

Posted : 05/22/2018 12:08 pm

Hi Bell33
I would say, do not get discouraged because you can make a huge transformation on your own without the help of your mom or treatments. Eliminating certain foods from your diet is the #1 best way to radically eliminate your acne. Milk and dairy products are your worst enemy at this stage of your life because your hormones are at their peak, and adding animal growth and sex hormones to your body will guarantee your acne will continue to get worse. Also try to eliminate refined carbohydrate foods like white breads, white flour, white rice, and ALL sugar.

These foods plus dairy foods stimulate and increase the activity of IGF-1 (insulin like growth factor). IGF-1 is the primary stabilizer of human growth hormones, so high levels of IGF-1 during and soon after puberty will cause acne initiation and proliferation, also it will continue into adulthood (especially if there is a genetic predisposition)

Elimination of certain foods from your diet is a technique that is sadly overlooked by millions of acne sufferers, but is the easiest, most inexpensive, the most effective, and offers the best results. If you can start at an early stage of life (now) I promise you will save yourself years of time, heartache, and lots of money, in a never ending search for a solution in a product or pill bottle.

So don't get discouraged, you can take control of you acne today, on your own, with no other solutions if you don't have access to them. :)

AcneVM liked
MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 05/22/2018 4:54 pm

Honestly...I wouldn't try anything not made or recommended by a dermatologist. It may work for some people, but most people with serious acne problems require prescription strength products.

To try these, without the prescription price, I highly recommend Rodan and Fields (Unblemish) or Proactiv. Made by the same doctors, it worked wonders for my acne - I used Proactiv as a teenager. The older I got though, the more my hormones and body changed and I needed something different. Rodan and Fields transformed my skin so I recommend it to everybody. And worst case scenario, it doesn't work? You get a 60 day money back guarantee, so you really have nothing to lose. That was my mind set - it's not going to make it WORSE so might as well try, right?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/23/2018 12:26 am

On 5/21/2018 at 4:33 PM, Bell33 said:

I applied Tea Tree Oil to it every night but it dried my skin out so I stopped using it and my acne just came back way worse as soon as I stopped, so I tried to go back to it but now my skin just rejects it and nothing has changed.

Ive heard the amazing reviews on the Indian healing clay mask so I got some and have been using it for the past two weeks, mixed with applie cider vinegar and tea tree oil...

Are we talking about 100% undiluted Tea Tree Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar?

If so, you're absolutely crazy. Where are you reading these crazy success stories? They're supposed to be diluted before using topically on the skin. For example, TTO is to be mixed with a carrier oil like olive oil or coconut oil. ACV is to be mixed with water.

Your skin has probably developed dermitits (eg. allergic reaction). You need to back off of these products until your skin is healed. Give enough time for the skin to breathe.

In the meantime, apply honey for 30 minutes at bedtime and rinse off with tepid water.