Notifications
Clear all

What type of scars do I have?

MemberMember
(@tazzz)

Posted : 05/20/2018 10:30 pm

Hi Everyone, 

I™ve been doing a lot of research on scar acne scar revision.  I™ve had the Co2 Fractional laser with a chemical peel.  I didn™t see much improvement, but the anesthesiologist didn™t numb my face correctly ( she numbed the complete opposite area of the targeted laser areas) so after the surgeon stopping and numbing on her own I only lasted 10-15 minutes. I was in a lot of pain and freaked the f out so I asked them to stop.   It was a horrible experience.

Fast forward 8 years to today and I™ve tried a 1.0 dermAroller with vitamin C serum, twice.  My skin was super dry afterward and the vitamin c serum caused me to get tiny Whitehead like bumps.    I also feel like there may be some dragging (rolling?) scars from the dermAroller, but I can™t be certain they weren™t there before.  I feel like I we some improvement in a few areas, but other areas seem like the scars are longer...

I think I have rolling and boxcar scars, I™m not sure though.  

I know that dermarolling and microneedling with a stamp/pen don™t produce immediate results.. I want to buy a dermastamp and/or 1.5 dermAroller.  1074A398-F580-421A-991F-A466443F3C41.thumb.jpeg.ff7ff188e717589807a77b0d508b287e.jpeg I™m just afraid to make the scars worse.

What type of scars would you say I have and  what procedure would you recommend?  

3103E100-4520-4C32-8D55-36491EB67024.jpeg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/21/2018 12:15 am

1 hour ago, Tazzz said:

I think I have rolling and boxcar scars, I™m not sure though.  

Based on these pics, you mostly have linear rolling scars. They're not deep or severe but numerous. In fact, your scars are similar to this girl (from Will subcision help? Pics included )

359A97A2-6601-4F73-9C8E-EEFC9568DA05.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tazzz said:

What type of scars would you say I have and  what procedure would you recommend?  

Scar remodeling is like road construction. Before repaving the road, you would flatten the road by initially filling all the potholes. Only then will you lay the concrete or asphalt. It's the same principle for scar treatment. You want to fill the pit first by stimulating as much collagen as possible before you resurface the top. As such, I suggest you initially start with subcision and filler. Then depending how you respond after 3-6 months, you can move up to RF like Infini. When you have finally produced enough collagen, you can then treat any surface irregularities with TCA or laser.

Tazzz liked
MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 05/21/2018 5:15 am

I don't think 1 mm is deep enough for acne scar tissue, you need at least 1,5 mm.
I just underwent a dermapen treatment at a professional wherein they targeted my acne scars with 2 mm.
It was pretty harsh and the redness continued for at least 5 days.

Im now planning to buy the derminator and do it on my cheeks once every three months at 1,5-2 mm depth.
I've read enough testimonials of people who consistenty did dermastamp at this lenght over a time and they all had success to a certain extent. Your scarring is not much different than mine. I think you could consider a similar route.

Tazzz liked
MemberMember
(@tazzz)

Posted : 05/23/2018 8:27 pm

Im going to buy the derminator and try that out for a while. Also considering subcision and TCA. Thanks for responding!