Remedies

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 05/20/2018 5:35 pm

hi. I always find myself in the same position. I finally get to a stage where I am satisfied with my skin then ill get a few pimples pop up and i just attack. I cant help myself. I'm wondering if anyone has any remedies for when this happens. It keeps me inside and super upset for days. 

I have tried just bandaids and neosporin but I dont feel like that does anything special.
For this episode in particular it wasnt SO bad and then i put fresh aloe on the two spots and they turned dark and very scabby. I was shocked and now im just very upset. especially because my skin was doing so well and its the beginning of summer.

If anyone has any advice and tips for how to handle these things it would be a huge help to me and im sure other people out there as well.

IMG_1291.jpeg

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/21/2018 3:06 am

I'm in the same boat as you to be honest. I am using tea tree oil every time a blemish appears, I dab a few drops on the area. And the following morning no big change really, especially for the cysts along the jawline...

I have heard about using sulphur on spots or BP. But I haven't tried it yet, thinking of buying it in the pharmacy

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 05/21/2018 10:51 pm

19 hours ago, AcneVM said:

I'm in the same boat as you to be honest. I am using tea tree oil every time a blemish appears, I dab a few drops on the area. And the following morning no big change really, especially for the cysts along the jawline...

I have heard about using sulphur on spots or BP. But I haven't tried it yet, thinking of buying it in the pharmacy

I use sulfur as a spot treatment...its awesome.

I am just super prone to picking and ive been really good about it the past year but i just moved home for the summer and have a lot of summer classes and two jobs so I think all that stress allowed me to slip back into my old ways and attack my two pimples that otherise would have gone away with sulfur.

anyways, now theyre pretty much wounds and scabs (as pictured) do you know anything to help that? I know bp and acne stuff is too harsh on healing skin once its wounded.

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 05/21/2018 11:07 pm

15 minutes ago, GracieP said:

I am just super prone to picking and ive been really good about it the past year but i just moved home for the summer and have a lot of summer classes and two jobs so I think all that stress allowed me to slip back into my old ways and attack my two pimples that otherise would have gone away with sulfur.

anyways, now theyre pretty much wounds and scabs (as pictured) do you know anything to help that? I know bp and acne stuff is too harsh on healing skin once its wounded.

what type of sulfur do you use?

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 05/22/2018 12:01 am

24 minutes ago, bellacat said:
40 minutes ago, GracieP said:

what type of sulfur do you use?

hey! i think i used to chat on here with you a while back, i hope everythings going ok and seriosuly if you need anything ever reach out.

believe it or not when i was going through every possible thing when accutane didnt work i came across demodex in my reserach...i dont think thats what i ever had but during that time i ordered this cream from demodex solutions calleld "zz cream" it has a longer asian name that idk how to spell. its looks BEYOND sketchy and is based out of china, but gosh the zz cream i got from them seriously helps my skin so much. it was aboslutely a gamble but after reading enough reviews and having a leap of faith i just ordered myself two jars ad im glad i did. It also has zinc oxide and other things in it forumlated for rosacea acne and demodex which this aian dude believes to be the cause of it all. idk how much truth there is to that but the cream works for acne whether its the demodex or not. like i said my skin would be great right now if i JUST DIDNT PICK so thats the damage im working with rn and once i have scabs i tend to pick them because i cant stand the sight so they take forever to go away.

anyways, yeah i know the website seems super sketchy but i read one or two other people on here using zz cream and there are people out there so i gave it a shot and a litttttle goes a long way so its lasting me a long time. i normally spread it thinly on my whole face and if i have anything coming up will put a little extra on that spot.

Id also really recommend Keeva Tea Tree moisturizer on amazon. Its really amazing. 

just as a full update: my skin care routine is 

wash with cerave SA cleanser, use Amara organics vitamin c serum, moisturize with a mix of Keeva and cerave SA moisturizer for rough and bumpy skin, and top it off with the zz cream (at night i spritz with thayers rose petal witch hazel). 

about once every week when i have time and especially near stressful times or breakouts i try to use De La Cruz sulfure 10% mask. thats also pretty great, but can be drying which is why i use it sparingly.

that routine seriously has saved my skin. I also did go back on birth control back in november and idk if that has helped any because my skin was pretty good going on it from locking down on that skincare routine that worked for me, but it certainly hasnt hurt either and ive just stuck with it. I didnt get any big breakouts or new acne from birth control, i was honestly kinda surprised at that. (vestura for reference)

lastly, i ditched ALL those supplements i was taking. I dont know if you can remember how desperate i was I was literally trying everything and anything. i have never figured out what causes my acne for me and i dont think i ever will. I gave all of the supplements plenty of time and weaned off the ones i didn't find useful until i was down to my core ones because i was literally going broke taking 30 pills a day: 

vitamin c: great for skin healing and scars (which is why i apply it topically as well)
lysine: i havent scarred as bad since starting lysine over a year ago and very rarely get big pimples anymore (watch organic olivia on youtube her video about acne is why i started taking these and dont regret it)
l-theanine: its a derivative in green tea, it calms me down and really helps with the anxiety of acne and the world around me hehe

also- for the longest time i cut out dairy, gluten, and soy and lived the healthiest lifestyle. this was for about 5 years and was before i got acne, during when i got acne and the worst of it, and after. I realized i was really limiting myself and cutting down my quality of life or moreso just making living really hard as a young person. Don't get me wrong, i still live healthy but i eat dairy and gluten here and there and i havent noticed that it breaks me out. i used to literally fear having a spoonful of icecream. Ive gone weeks during finals this past year eating pizza every night and that doesn't cause me breakouts. I realized i was being so crazy about every little thing because i was so desperate but all of that wasnt even having a noticeable impact and that probably why it was never getting better. I also think my acne was a bizarre stubborn case because not even all the dermatology weapons could help, it was kinda on my own findings that i got my skin to a really good place (except for the two monsters i created now)

you asked me a simple question and i just rambled on forever im sorry i just never get to talk about my skin with anyone really so when i come on here its kind of a release for me! i hope youre doing better :)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/23/2018 12:39 am

On 5/21/2018 at 8:51 PM, GracieP said:

I am just super prone to picking...

What sulfur are you using? Have you ever heard of DMSO? It's also sulfur-based and works like a charm for bringing cysts under control.

When it comes to self-image, do you consider yourself as above-average? Then be content in knowing that 1 or 2 zits ain't going to matter. On the other hand, if you're below-average, then also be content in knowing that 1 or 2 zits ain't going to matter. You see, it's how you internalize how you see yourself that matters.

MemberMember
(@bellacat)

Posted : 05/24/2018 10:25 pm

On 5/21/2018 at 10:01 PM, GracieP said:
hey! i think i used to chat on here with you a while back, i hope everythings going ok and seriosuly if you need anything ever reach out.

believe it or not when i was going through every possible thing when accutane didnt work i came across demodex in my reserach...i dont think thats what i ever had but during that time i ordered this cream from demodex solutions calleld "zz cream" it has a longer asian name that idk how to spell. its looks BEYOND sketchy and is based out of china, but gosh the zz cream i got from them seriously helps my skin so much. it was aboslutely a gamble but after reading enough reviews and having a leap of faith i just ordered myself two jars ad im glad i did. It also has zinc oxide and other things in it forumlated for rosacea acne and demodex which this aian dude believes to be the cause of it all. idk how much truth there is to that but the cream works for acne whether its the demodex or not. like i said my skin would be great right now if i JUST DIDNT PICK so thats the damage im working with rn and once i have scabs i tend to pick them because i cant stand the sight so they take forever to go away.

anyways, yeah i know the website seems super sketchy but i read one or two other people on here using zz cream and there are people out there so i gave it a shot and a litttttle goes a long way so its lasting me a long time. i normally spread it thinly on my whole face and if i have anything coming up will put a little extra on that spot.

Id also really recommend Keeva Tea Tree moisturizer on amazon. Its really amazing. 

just as a full update: my skin care routine is 

wash with cerave SA cleanser, use Amara organics vitamin c serum, moisturize with a mix of Keeva and cerave SA moisturizer for rough and bumpy skin, and top it off with the zz cream (at night i spritz with thayers rose petal witch hazel). 

about once every week when i have time and especially near stressful times or breakouts i try to use De La Cruz sulfure 10% mask. thats also pretty great, but can be drying which is why i use it sparingly.

that routine seriously has saved my skin. I also did go back on birth control back in november and idk if that has helped any because my skin was pretty good going on it from locking down on that skincare routine that worked for me, but it certainly hasnt hurt either and ive just stuck with it. I didnt get any big breakouts or new acne from birth control, i was honestly kinda surprised at that. (vestura for reference)

lastly, i ditched ALL those supplements i was taking. I dont know if you can remember how desperate i was I was literally trying everything and anything. i have never figured out what causes my acne for me and i dont think i ever will. I gave all of the supplements plenty of time and weaned off the ones i didn't find useful until i was down to my core ones because i was literally going broke taking 30 pills a day: 

vitamin c: great for skin healing and scars (which is why i apply it topically as well)
lysine: i havent scarred as bad since starting lysine over a year ago and very rarely get big pimples anymore (watch organic olivia on youtube her video about acne is why i started taking these and dont regret it)
l-theanine: its a derivative in green tea, it calms me down and really helps with the anxiety of acne and the world around me hehe

also- for the longest time i cut out dairy, gluten, and soy and lived the healthiest lifestyle. this was for about 5 years and was before i got acne, during when i got acne and the worst of it, and after. I realized i was really limiting myself and cutting down my quality of life or moreso just making living really hard as a young person. Don't get me wrong, i still live healthy but i eat dairy and gluten here and there and i havent noticed that it breaks me out. i used to literally fear having a spoonful of icecream. Ive gone weeks during finals this past year eating pizza every night and that doesn't cause me breakouts. I realized i was being so crazy about every little thing because i was so desperate but all of that wasnt even having a noticeable impact and that probably why it was never getting better. I also think my acne was a bizarre stubborn case because not even all the dermatology weapons could help, it was kinda on my own findings that i got my skin to a really good place (except for the two monsters i created now)

you asked me a simple question and i just rambled on forever im sorry i just never get to talk about my skin with anyone really so when i come on here its kind of a release for me! i hope youre doing better :)

Glad to hear you're doing so much better! I've definitely seen improvement. Not clear but 50% better. Probably would be better if I didn't didn't pick so I feel ya there. Thanks for the advice/recommendations!