Notifications
Clear all

derminator vs dermaroller

MemberMember
(@eekman)

Posted : 05/20/2018 5:02 pm

I see almost everyone recommending derminator over roller. Just wanted some clarifications. The term micro tearing gets thrown in these threads as roller's disadvantage. But we are using needles to cause injury in the first place. Isn't micro tearing even better? I mean, there are so few needles in derminator and they are so far apart, I can't even tell if I am hitting the scar or around it. Moreover, people who had the best results with needling, e.g. Remicade, were all using dermarollers..

Thoughts?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/20/2018 6:10 pm

Use whatever you want. Stamping is ratedbetter by many patients as it' treats the scar better (deeper depth,force, less damage).

We recommend the Derminator because there is nothing better, it works well, is relatively cheap with the cost Drs charge for treatments, and can be done at home.

No you don't want microtearing with a roller, which causes more damage to tissues. It makes ditches or long areas of tearing as apposed to needle penetrating in a column like anything else (laser, etc). The name of the game is minimal damage with enough to stimulate remodeling. Some cannot handle microneedling at all with the fragile and thin nature of their skin. Now if your asking how much micro tearing does a roller make, no idea, there have been microscopic images after treatment that do show this. For some I would imagine it does not make that much of a difference, relatively to the severity of scarring. If you have one use it, otherwise use a dermastamp. On the body rollers are better as it's thicker skin, more area to cover.

eekman liked
MemberMember
(@eekman)

Posted : 05/27/2018 11:16 am

Well, I just dont see how derminator can help. For example, if the scar is 1 cm, and the needle is 1 mm, Let's say the scar is hit 10 times with the needle.. Still, only a fraction of the scar is hit as its area is 100 mm. Will the not injured scar around these few tiny holes also rise. If so, why? Now, when you roll with dermaroller, the needles kinda drag across the entire scar, causing micro-tearing and damaging the entire scar. I just think that when the entire scar is damaged, there is more chance for it to regenerate as more smooth skin..

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/27/2018 6:04 pm

What your saying is not logical. This is skin were talking about here. Do you want to blast it with dynamite as well. So you want more collateral damage? The point is fractional dermastamping like laser does not overly treat the area. Your body heals a portion at a time. Note you microneedle once a month so it's a repeated process. It's all about how you heal.

I frankly don't care if you use whatever tool, ... you ask the difference. Dermarollers are old technology. They can never be 100% in the skin like a stamp because of how a roller works. A tire is never 100% on the road.

So use a roller! Whatever will help you get your scar journey accomplished and what works for you. Most people don't want to damage their skin excessively to provide benefit. If it works, and with little side effects, then do it!!!! Apples and oranges are both fruit.

Ba