Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ssmy

Severe back breakouts, help!!

In desperate need of any advice!!

I had to stop taking birth control in November due to significant issues with depression, and my skin was doing pretty well up until 2-3 months ago when it started to all of a sudden become worse than it has ever been. I've been using 3% adapalene on my face in addition to Curology mix (azelaic acid, zinc pyrithione, clindamycin mix) and my face is NEARLY clear with only occasional breakouts on my jawline, which I can deal with. My face has never been so clear in my life. 

My back is a completely different story. Nearly every pore is clogged, when I touch my back it is like sand paper because of how clogged my pores are. There are also inflamed cysts scattered throughout my hairline, mid back and low back, right above my butt. I've had acne my entire life, but never like this.. 
I've been using zinc pyrithione soap as the only product on my body for the past 1 month, and have only seen very minimal improvement. I just started using sulfur ointment as well. I really hate benzoyl peroxide because of its bleaching effects too, and salicyclic acid does nothing for me.

My wedding is in 3 months and I'm panicking because I have an open backed dress, which was picked out when my skin was clear on birth control. I'm not really willing to go back on birth control because of how it effects me mentally and I just don't know what to do at this point.. 

Can anyone relate to this issue and have found success with anything? I'm at my wits end :(

IMG_8437.JPG

Edited by ssmy
adding a picture

I also forgot to mention that I'm using a mix of witch hazel and tea tree oil on my back after I shower.. The acne extends all the way up my back onto my neck and chest as well, it was just hard to get a picture. 

Edited by ssmy