Notifications
Clear all

what is this??

MemberMember
(@hast)

Posted : 05/18/2018 5:24 pm

I was really confused as to what these spots were. There are very small flesh colored bumps all along my jawline and near my cheeks, and the pics don™t really show them that well but there are plenty more. They are VERY small and seem to be clogged pores to me, how can i get rid of them? I™ve been using the stridex 2% pads for about a week now (day and night, i™m used to bha™s before so i just went right in), am i purging? I tend to switch between products fairly quickly so I™m not sure if it just is not working for me. Thank you so much!! (These have not showed up before the use of stridex, or at least have bot been as apparent)

8F7F7328-B70A-42B1-88F5-AF08B2E71325.jpeg

24E74E6A-EB02-441F-8B06-77D51C59E5D0.jpeg

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/19/2018 4:51 pm

Hey, I would advice you to stick to just 1 product. BHA is very good for oily skin, AHA is also good for renewing skin and exfoliation.
When switching between different products every other week the skin don't have time to adapt to the new chemicals.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/19/2018 6:57 pm

On 5/18/2018 at 3:24 PM, hast said:

I was really confused as to what these spots were. There are very small flesh colored bumps all along my jawline and near my cheeks, and the pics dont really show them that well but there are plenty more. They are VERY small and seem to be clogged pores to me, how can i get rid of them? Ive been using the stridex 2% pads for about a week now (day and night, im used to bhas before so i just went right in), am i purging? I tend to switch between products fairly quickly so Im not sure if it just is not working for me. Thank you so much!! (These have not showed up before the use of stridex, or at least have bot been as apparent)

It could be folliculitis. I suggest you visit your derm and get it tested. In the meantime, apply a good amount of anti-dandruff shampoo like Head & Shoulders to the affected area and rinse off after 15 minutes. The anti-fungal property in the shampoo will help with minor folliculitis.

MemberMember
(@hast)

Posted : 05/19/2018 7:57 pm

3 hours ago, AcneVM said:

Hey, I would advice you to stick to just 1 product. BHA is very good for oily skin, AHA is also good for renewing skin and exfoliation.
When switching between different products every other week the skin don't have time to adapt to the new chemicals.

thank you!! i have been receiving products for free so i will definitely stick to my bha cleanser for now!

3 hours ago, AcneVM said:

do you think they are clogged pores?

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/20/2018 2:56 am

6 hours ago, hast said:
thank you!! i have been receiving products for free so i will definitely stick to my bha cleanser for now! do you think they are clogged pores?

It is most likely a result of the pores being clogged, and bacteria have developed and inflamed the areas.
I agree with Sirius, it looks like folliculitis. This is caused by bacterial fungal infection.
You can prevent this by avoiding touching the face, change bedsheet, wash your scarf etc.

Also by using your BHA 1-2 times a week to renew the skin.