Notifications
Clear all

Scars type and advice

MemberMember
(@one_day123)

Posted : 05/16/2018 6:45 pm

Hey everyone. Pleae advice me on what type of scars do i have? And how severe is my case. Plus, what treatments to try. 
i tried one subcision without fillers. And one time microneedling which caused more damge than good

2018-05-16_19_37_17.thumb.jpg.573e09b1ef4e96cb78d69979ba327084.jpg

2018-05-16_19.36.15.jpg

Screenshot_2018-05-16-19-39-02.png

Screenshot_2018-05-16-19-38-54.png

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/16/2018 7:49 pm

58 minutes ago, One_day123 said:

Hey everyone. Pleae advice me on what type of scars do i have? And how severe is my case. Plus, whattreatments to try.
i tried one subcision without fillers. And one time microneedling which caused more damge than good

They're mostly boxcars. From 1 to 10, I would grade your scar at 6. Some scars definitely look tethered, so I suggest you get SUBCISION + HA FILLER to prevent any chance of retethering. Moreover, fillers can also stimulate collage. You will most likely need up to 3 rounds of subcision.

MemberMember
(@one_day123)

Posted : 05/17/2018 12:31 pm

Thanks Sirius for your reply. I will get fillers as soon as i can iam just waiting for some cash. Can anyone get like half a syringe or small amount of fillers for testing? Just tobmake sure that i dont have a bad reaction to it. Or do they provide small amount for testing or something like this?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/17/2018 1:03 pm

26 minutes ago, One_day123 said:

Can anyone get like half a syringe or small amount of fillers for testing? Just tobmake sure that i dont have a bad reaction to it. Or do they provide small amount for testing or something like this?

Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in our body and patch test is not required.

MemberMember
(@one_day123)

Posted : 05/22/2018 2:20 am

What do you think of co2 laser in my case. I provided more pics in the worst lighting 
:(. I become really desprite with these scars. Nased on these scars. I think iam worse than 6/10. :(

2018-05-22_03_17_02.jpg.b0d5637a4a0667955e295aaac201cf69.jpg

2018-05-22_03.05.59.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/22/2018 3:34 am

@One_day123I see you did one treatment of subcision with no filler and some microneedling.

You have pretty severe rolling and box car scarring.

I would get subcision this time with filler (you will need4 treatments spaced out when the filler runs out you top up again).

[removed]

MemberMember
(@garyly)

Posted : 05/22/2018 9:42 am

hey i think i have the same kind of scarring as you. why not try intracel treatment ?
try to hang in there bro just look on the bright side of life always aim for improvement and don't give up
worst case there will always be makeup dermablend

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 05/22/2018 10:09 am

I am a verysurprised that subcision did not help, and made it worse.There are a lot of tethers. But that would definitely be very helpful in atleast softening them. Are you sure you got subcision or something else?

MemberMember
(@dermagreens)

Posted : 05/22/2018 10:49 am

Hey there
These look like a cross between Rolling scars and Atrophic scars. I have had clients who have had luck with soft tissue augmentation techniques like hyaluronic acid, collagen and gelatin matrix or fat implants (fat grafting) Also you might want to consider laser resurfacing or ablative fractional lasers. Dermabrasion is another really popular techniqueI've seen withgood results.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/22/2018 1:54 pm

@One_day123I think you should concentrate first on fixing the biggest pits. Just elevating these scars alone would give you a huge leg up IMO. You can do that by getting SUBCISION + FILLER.

Laser, whether CO2 or Erbium, should be reserved for last to smooth the surface once the pits have been filled. You priority, however, should be on filling (elevating) the holes. Advice given by@beautifulambitionis a sound plan. Get a few more subcision with filler, then move up to RF + Sculptra. By then, you should see a noticeable improvement.

Hope that helps.

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 05/22/2018 5:13 pm

How did the microneedling cause you more damage? What length was the procedure and was it dermapen or another technique?
It's highly unlikely that microneedling could cause damage on the scar tissue you have on your cheeks.

MemberMember
(@one_day123)

Posted : 05/23/2018 11:26 am

Thanks BA for the great advice. I will for sure start with fillers. But do i need to uae bleashing cream before fillers as well?

thanks @garyly, what is intracel? Acne scars are really depressing. I checked your post and i think you had a very good improvment.

@Scarredtodepression, yes i got subcision. It didnt not make it worse, it looked good up to one week after subcision but eveeything went back to the previous state. But i didnt use fillers, maybe this is why. I still have some bumps in some areas from subcision which makes the near scars look deeper.

Thanks @DermaGreens, thanks for the great advice, it seems like fillers is the way to go.

Thanks @Sirius Lee, great advice . Mmm. Can i start with fillers without subcision as i think both of them will be very expensive.

@incepticon, it was dermapen at home. I think i was aggresive. And it resulted in lots of new small scars, whice made the texture of my face looks really bad. And became like swollen. I read people are getting good results, it is my mistake that i didnt go to a professional.

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 05/23/2018 12:43 pm

What length did you use in microneedling

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/23/2018 4:05 pm

@One_day123No you don't need the tretinorin / bleaching cream before filler (mainly energy or peels) but it would be good to start this at night as a practice because you will get some improvement-turn over just for this part of your treatment.

Filler with subcision should not be much more than filler alone.

I can give you a plan PM me.

MemberMember
(@one_day123)

Posted : 06/20/2018 9:28 pm

Thanks @beautifulambition. I was thinking of starting with fillers without subcision. As the doctor office said it will cost 1550$ canadian dollars both. Whereas fillers cost 750$. I did subcision 8 months ago. What do you think.?
@incepticon. Needle size was 1.5 to 2.5. Whoch is i know now is not recommended at home

Thanks @beautifulambition. I was thinking of starting with fillers without subcision. As the doctor office said it will cost 1550$ canadian dollars both. Whereas fillers cost 750$. I did subcision 8 months ago. What do you think.?
@incepticon. Needle size was 1.5 to 2.5. Whoch is i know now is not recommended at home

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/20/2018 11:11 pm

@One_day123You could have doughnuts with the filler ... without sub. But in that case just get another sub to level out the filler afterwards.

If expense is a problem some only get filler at the end, or some do filler + sub yearly for 3 years.

BA

MemberMember
(@one_day123)

Posted : 06/21/2018 12:57 am

Thanks BA. I will try to ask other doctors. If there is a good one who can do both subcision and fillers in the same session with a reasonable price. I might travel all the way to toronto. Any recommendations for a good canadian doctor in toronto or montreal