Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tskin

Second course of accutane, finished just under a month ago but still have clogged pores and blacjeads

I've just finished my 2nd course of accutane a little under a month ago, one of my largest problem areas prior to this was the skin on either side of my nose, I had large, clogged pores which would breakout in cystic acne. Accutane dried out my pores leading me to think this area would no longer be a problem for me but it's been about 3 weeks since I've finished my course and I can feel this area is texturised, I wake up with an oily nose (big problem area) and today my foundation was so oily, something I hadn't experienced in a long time. I don't know what to do to help with this. I did my first face mask today in a long time to try and counteract the oiliness and pores but it seems to have clogged and brought them out even more. I have combination skin although I would say I'm on the more oilier side and my only consistent skin care products right now, are Clinique sun screen, aveeno moisturiser and cetaphil daily cleanser. I've recently started using aloe vera gel which I extract from the plant myself at home as this helped me before accutane. I know i shouldn't even be touching my face anymore but I Can't help it when i can see my pores are enlarged and feel as though small spots are resurfacing, this is mainly around my nose mouth and pore area. Does anyone have any advice to help with this problem?

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes