Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Journey. April-September 2018.

MemberMember
(@emmac-f)

Posted : 05/13/2018 3:15 am

Hello! I am currently on DAY 23 of Accutane (isotretinoin). MONTH 1: 40mg/daily
Can anyone help me with some questions???
Ive heard of the purging phase (and hoping not to get it)....I think Im experiencing it now. Ugh, its just everywhere on my face.
its currently 2am and I woke up because my face was bleeding and I now this is disgusting but my pimples were..popping I guess? The puss was just seeping out..yuck! I dont want that on my pillow, so I got up and had to hold tissue on my face. But now I have neosporin on every pimple and 5 bandaids on my faceI cant even put foundation on it. I hate wearing foundation anyways I guess but man, when my acne is as bad as this, I wanna cover it!
I constantly have pimples; whiteheads and under the skin, theyre constantly coming to the surface, Im also getting blackheads in places Ive never seen!
Its sore and super SENSITIVE and burns from even unscented face wash or gentle face wash like CeraVe. Dryness is not too bad though. Ive been drinking water!
Anyways, Im concerned. It looked the tinniest bit better for like a day in the first week, but its really only gotten worse since. Its definitely not better. I hear that I just need to wait, give it Time, be patient and itll be worth it and stuff but most people see results by now. I see my derm next week an maybe/hopefully hell increase dosage because my skin is just being stubborn and gross.
ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE ANYTHING LIKE THIS?
CAN ANYONE HELP?
Thanks!!

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 05/15/2018 12:57 pm

On 13/05/2018 at 9:15 AM, EmmaC F said:

Ive heard of the purging phase (and hoping not to get it)....I think Im experiencing it now. Ugh, its just everywhere on my face.
its currently 2am and I woke up because my face was bleeding and I now this is disgusting but my pimples were..popping I guess? The puss was just seeping out..yuck! I dont want that on my pillow, so I got up and had to hold tissue on my face. But now I have neosporin on every pimple and 5 bandaids on my faceI cant even put foundation on it. I hate wearing foundation anyways I guess but man, when my acne is as bad as this, I wanna cover it!
I constantly have pimples; whiteheads and under the skin, theyre constantly coming to the surface, Im also getting blackheads in places Ive never seen!
Its sore and super SENSITIVE and burns from even unscented face wash or gentle face wash like CeraVe. Dryness is not too bad though. Ive been drinking water!
Anyways, Im concerned. It looked the tinniest bit better for like a day in the first week, but its really only gotten worse since. Its definitely not better. I hear that I just need to wait, give it Time, be patient and itll be worth it and stuff but most people see results by now. I see my derm next week an maybe/hopefully hell increase dosage because my skin is just being stubborn and gross.
CAN ANYONE HELP?
Thanks!!

Hi, are you moisturising a lot? My skin felt sore and tight at the start.

I'm half way through week 10 and only seeing good improvement now. Give it time.

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 05/16/2018 3:18 am

On 5/13/2018 at 9:15 AM, EmmaC F said:

CAN ANYONE HELP?
Thanks!!

Just so you know, most people don't see results straight away in the first month, so you're not alone. I was still breaking out in month three! I finally cleared up at the beginning of month four. Since then I've had no acne, and I'm now four and a half months post-accutane. So I know the whole 'being patient' thing sucks, but you do just need to give it time.

My skin was also super sensitive and in the first month is was so itchy, even though it was even more oily than before! Just keep applying moisturiser - cetaphil is good. Good luck with it all!