Notifications
Clear all

Is it worth it anymore?

MemberMember
(@liv88)

Posted : 05/13/2018 1:00 am

I have been dealing with pretty awful acne for about a year now. It has not only been and emotional roller costar but also really stressful. And it hasnt been just one kind of acne either. I go from almost like hives all over my face to thousands and hundreds of little bumps all over my face. And its awful. Ive been to the fern and doctors and all of these different places and no one can tell me whats wrong.

Im slowly giving Up hope and wondering and pondering the question.... is it worth it to fight anymore. I cry myself to sleep almost every night. I need someone else to wash my face for me as I break down in tears touching my face. I have had to cover the mirrors in my room. I dont look in the mirrors anymore, I dont look people in the eyes, I dont talk to people anymore. Ive shut my friends and family out. And I dont think Im worthy of anything. So I wonder if its worth it too keep trying. Or do I just...... I just want it to be over. Will it ever get better? Will I ever have clear skin again and be proud of myself again. Because as of now... I dont know how much longer I will last.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 05/13/2018 5:16 am

It always get's better.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/13/2018 9:30 pm

20 hours ago, Liv88 said:

I have been dealing with pretty awful acne for about a year now. It has not only been and emotional roller costar but also really stressful. And it hasnt been just one kind of acne either. I go from almost like hives all over my face to thousands and hundreds of little bumps all over my face. And its awful. Ive been to the fern and doctors and all of these different places and no one can tell me whats wrong.

Im slowly giving Up hope and wondering and pondering the question.... is it worth it to fight anymore. I cry myself to sleep almost every night. I need someone else to wash my face for me as I break down in tears touching my face. I have had to cover the mirrors in my room. I dont look in the mirrors anymore, I dont look people in the eyes, I dont talk to people anymore. Ive shut my friends and family out. And I dont think Im worthy of anything. So I wonder if its worth it too keep trying. Or do I just...... I just want it to be over. Will it ever get better? Will I ever have clear skin again and be proud of myself again. Because as of now... I dont know how much longer I will last.

Well, exactly what type of zits are we talking about? Whitehead, blackhead, or cyst? Or even folliculitis, for that matter. You say they're "almost like hives all over my face to thousands and hundreds of little bumps," but that doesn't help at all. If they're indeed hives, then it's more or less an allergic reaction to toxins, which could be anything, ranging from food to environment. Little bumps can be a sign of folliculitis, which you should get checked out by the derm. It's a simple test and is very easy to treat.

So, first thing is to head over to the doc and get tested for folliculitis. Second, try to see if you might be allergic to anything around you. Check for any mold in your room, your clothes. Mold and folliculitis are buddies, wouldn't you say. Anyway, eliminate anything that might trigger alergic reaction. This also includes food. Are you taking a large dose of milk and cheese. You know what happens when they enter your stomach? They can become fermented in the stomach while undergoing digestion if you are in a less than optimal health. And what critters in your body would love nothing other than fermented food? That's right, yeast, which are really fungus in disguise. Hence, you'll want to stay away from any food that will benefit yeast overproduction. These are specifically dairy/cheese and starchy sweets like carbonated drinks and chocolates.

Finally, it all comes down to the gut health. Poor gut absorption of nutrients will lead to poor health, which in turn will impact the immune system. Poor immune system will have a direct impact on your healing process, which means more acnes that will last longer, and even worse, potentially leave scars. So it's in your best interest to take care of your gut. You can do this by taking probiotics. Also consider taking multivitamins. Moreover, there are many good herbs and amino acids that can help with gut fortification.

Don't just waste your precious time fretting over zits. Be proactive and use that time to learn about your health.

grandor liked