Notifications
Clear all

HELP: SHOULD I POP THIS ??

MemberMember
(@yasminexra)

Posted : 05/12/2018 5:49 pm

Hi

i have important exams next week and normally I hide my acne, only this time a comedone grew into a huge painful bump on my chin. It also hurts to move or eat. Normally I get those on my temples

Should I pop this or leave it? I added a picture. I'm afraid to inflame it even more and my skin is sensitive because of roaccutane in gel form.
then again.. What if it gets worse?
What is your advice

And also does anyone what type of acne this is : a cyst? Inflamed whitehead?

Thanks in advance xxx

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/12/2018 11:32 pm

5 hours ago, Yasminexra said:

Should I pop this or leave it? I added a picture. I'm afraid to inflame it even more and my skin is sensitive because of roaccutane in gel form.
What is your advice

It looks pretty angry. You don't want to pop zits that are already pissed off. Otherwise, you risk scarring, which is far worse than acne. The best thing to do is to bring down the inflammation as fast as possible. You can do this by take 2 tablets of aspirin for the next 3 days. Also take Vitamin C and Zinc, which work to boost immunity. Lastly, apply benzyl-peroxide to the affected area twice a day.

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/13/2018 4:44 am

On 5/12/2018 at 6:49 PM, Yasminexra said:

Hi

i have important exams next week and normally I hide my acne, only this time a comedone grew into a huge painful bump on my chin. It also hurts to move or eat. Normally I get those on my temples

What is your advice
[Removed broken images]
And also does anyone what type of acne this is : a cyst? Inflamed whitehead?

Thanks in advance xxx

Hey, I agree with Sirius, that pimple looks aggressive, and it is most likely a cystic pimple caused by hormones or digestion issues.
So it would be wise to apply BP like Sirius said. Or you can use tea tree oil, or sulphur as a layer.

Also compress the pimple with icecubes covered in a napkin for 5-6 min in the morning and the evenings. - this will decrease the mass and slow down the inflammation.

MemberMember
(@yasminexra)

Posted : 05/13/2018 9:07 am

9 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:
It looks pretty angry. You don't want to pop zits that are already pissed off. Otherwise, you risk scarring, which is far worse than acne. The best thing to do is to bring down the inflammation as fast as possible. You can do this by take 2 tablets of aspirin for the next 3 days. Also take Vitamin C and Zinc, which work to boost immunity. Lastly, apply benzyl-peroxide to the affected area twice a day.

Thanks a lot.
Glad I didn't pop it then. I usually keep my hands off but this one really hurts.
as of now I can't use bp since I'm using another gel. But I took zinc and I will try the aspirins. 
Actually it's even more inflamed now :( hopefully this helps.

4 hours ago, AcneVM said:
Hey, I agree with Sirius, that pimple looks aggressive, and it is most likely a cystic pimple caused by hormones or digestion issues.
So it would be wise to apply BP like Sirius said. Or you can use tea tree oil, or sulphur as a layer.

Also compress the pimple with icecubes covered in a napkin for 5-6 min in the morning and the evenings. - this will decrease the mass and slow down the inflammation.

Ah okay yes I figured it was because of the hormones since I struggle with chin acne a lot. Good to know thankyou 

I used the icecubes as you suggested and I don't know about the swelling however the pain has reduced for now. Will definitely keep using icecubes.

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/13/2018 10:06 am

Glad to see the icecubes are helping a bit with the pain.

Happy to help you out any time! Just pm me any time you need some advice :)