Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yasminexra

HELP: SHOULD I POP THIS ??

Recommended Posts

Hi

i have important exams next week and normally I hide my acne, only this time a comedone grew into a huge painful bump on my chin. It also hurts to move or eat. Normally I get those on my temples

Should I pop this or leave it? I added a picture. I'm afraid to inflame it even more and my skin is sensitive because of roaccutane in gel form.
then again.. What if it gets worse?
What is your advice

And also does anyone what type of acne this is : a cyst? Inflamed whitehead?

Thanks in advance xxx

Edited by Yasminexra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yasminexra said:

Should I pop this or leave it? I added a picture. I'm afraid to inflame it even more and my skin is sensitive because of roaccutane in gel form.
then again.. What if it gets worse?
What is your advice


It looks pretty angry. You don't want to pop zits that are already pissed off. Otherwise, you risk scarring, which is far worse than acne. The best thing to do is to bring down the inflammation as fast as possible. You can do this by take 2 tablets of aspirin for the next 3 days. Also take Vitamin C and Zinc, which work to boost immunity. Lastly, apply benzyl-peroxide to the affected area twice a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Yasminexra said:

Hi

i have important exams next week and normally I hide my acne, only this time a comedone grew into a huge painful bump on my chin. It also hurts to move or eat. Normally I get those on my temples

Should I pop this or leave it? I added a picture. I'm afraid to inflame it even more and my skin is sensitive because of roaccutane in gel form.
then again.. What if it gets worse?
What is your advice20180513_003306.thumb.jpg.e4c37b7f0064ef1517c9e94dbedd856c.jpg
20180513_003303.thumb.jpg.1ee304d11ba400d56b648dd882432161.jpg
And also does anyone what type of acne this is : a cyst? Inflamed whitehead?

Thanks in advance xxx

Hey, I agree with Sirius, that pimple looks aggressive, and it is most likely a cystic pimple caused by hormones or digestion issues.
So it would be wise to apply BP like Sirius said. Or you can use tea tree oil, or sulphur as a layer.

Also compress the pimple with icecubes covered in a napkin for 5-6 min in the morning and the evenings. - this will decrease the mass and slow down the inflammation.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

It looks pretty angry. You don't want to pop zits that are already pissed off. Otherwise, you risk scarring, which is far worse than acne. The best thing to do is to bring down the inflammation as fast as possible. You can do this by take 2 tablets of aspirin for the next 3 days. Also take Vitamin C and Zinc, which work to boost immunity. Lastly, apply benzyl-peroxide to the affected area twice a day.
 Thanks a lot.
Glad I didn't pop it then. I usually keep my hands off but this one really hurts.
as of now I can't use bp since I'm using another gel. But I took zinc and I will try the aspirins. 
Actually it's even more inflamed now :( hopefully this helps.
4 hours ago, AcneVM said:
Hey, I agree with Sirius, that pimple looks aggressive, and it is most likely a cystic pimple caused by hormones or digestion issues.
So it would be wise to apply BP like Sirius said. Or you can use tea tree oil, or sulphur as a layer.

Also compress the pimple with icecubes covered in a napkin for 5-6 min in the morning and the evenings. - this will decrease the mass and slow down the inflammation.
 
Ah okay yes I figured it was because of the hormones since I struggle with chin acne a lot. Good to know thankyou 

I used the icecubes as you suggested and I don't know about the swelling however the pain has reduced for now. Will definitely keep using icecubes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see the icecubes are helping a bit with the pain.

Happy to help you out any time! Just pm me any time you need some advice :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×