Notifications
Clear all

Seasonal Allergies and Acne

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/11/2018 6:06 pm

Is there any correlation to seasonal allergies and acne? I ask because i am noticing that as my allergies are getting worse (damn pollen), my skin also seems to be getting more inflamed and micro pimples. Could be a coincidence as i am breaking out every day but i'm not so sure. Any suggestions for the allergies?

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 05/12/2018 6:40 am

you're probably a lot more knowledgeable on the problem of acne, than me but would you say allergies could be playing up with your immune system?

there seems to be some research online Into a link between the immune system and acne.

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/12/2018 11:46 pm

On 5/11/2018 at 4:06 PM, leelowe1 said:

Is there any correlation to seasonal allergies and acne? I ask because i am noticing that as my allergies are getting worse (damn pollen), my skin also seems to be getting more inflamed and micro pimples. Could be a coincidence as i am breaking out every day but i'm not so sure. Any suggestions for the allergies?

Stress is the numero uno on the list of baddies that trigger inflammation. This is because stress hormoneswill release histamine (major culprit of seasonal allergies) that, in turn, will most likely irritate the skin. Gut bacteriaimbalance tends to be the biggest trigger of stress, so I suggest you start taking probiotics to strengthen your gut health.

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/26/2018 8:20 pm

On 5/12/2018 at 7:40 AM, MrBakery said:

you're probably a lot more knowledgeable on the problem of acne, than me but would you say allergies could be playing up with your immune system?

there seems to be some research online Into a link between the immune system and acne.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was indeed some link. I started taking the supplement Quercetin per my naturopath and i'm feeling a bit better. It's been less than a week so i'll probably be able to report back something in a month or so.

On 5/13/2018 at 12:46 AM, Sirius Lee said:

Stress is the numero uno on the list of baddies that trigger inflammation. This is because stress hormoneswill release histamine (major culprit of seasonal allergies) that, in turn, will most likely irritate the skin. Gut bacteriaimbalance tends to be the biggest trigger of stress, so I suggest you start taking probiotics to strengthen your gut health.

I have been on the probiotic train for years (different strains, brands) and it did nothing for my skin. I agree though that stress is a big factor and that is one of the hardest things for me to control - stress and sleep to be exact.