Notifications
Clear all

Venus viva and bellafill for deep scars on temples?

MemberMember
(@crankysaur)

Posted : 05/11/2018 12:29 am

Hi all, I have lived with my acne scars on my temples for all of my 20s basically trying to obscure them by wearing glasses or growing my bangs out. I finally decided to take a chance on improving them because I figured if not now I never would.

Went on a few consultations and the doctor I felt the best connection with recommended 2 sessions of ablative venus viva and bellafill for my scars.

Was wondering what y™all thought of this plan and insight on how much improvement I should realistically expect at the end. Thanks!

Also, I was recommended to start applying hydroquinone and retinoic acid before the treatment but not sure if this is necessary?

FA99207E-DF4C-4D35-B2DD-815A269BCC06.jpeg

CF53F339-AF49-4D16-A901-259569C1533B.png

844AE8D5-CD3F-4D25-92B1-2A1AB43400CB.png

j7290 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/11/2018 3:28 am

Reason for retinal creams is more likely your skin type,asian maybe so you need to bleach skin.but,for fillers shouldnt need them.

dont do surface treatments till you get the scars lifted/untethered,this is what filler is for permenant or temporary.
:)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/11/2018 8:51 am

I would never start with Bellafill here, ... this is the number one complaint for members. Bumps, lumps, or issues. Very thin skin in the temples. I would do HA filler and subcision (3 of them), then while waiting for the filler to need a top up do your venus viva though that is not as good as other rf microneedling maching ( you will need 3 - 3 months apart).

Do bellafill once you like getting filler a few times. It's permanent and as such not a good place to start for fillers ( non reversible).

Yes as Quad said you have to do tretinorin and hydroquinone or bleaching cream with albutin and konjac 3 weeks at night before treatment wit ha week break. Your skin type is prone to hyper pigment.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/11/2018 2:28 pm

13 hours ago, crankysaur said:

Was wondering what yall thought of this plan and insight on how much improvement I should realistically expect at the end. Thanks!

Very difficult area to treat due to lack of volume. Your best bet is subcision + HA filler for now, as already mentioned above. Later, consider getting Sculptra + Infini. Subcision is more about breaking up the scar bands, whereas Infini is about stimulating collagen production to fill the pits from below.