Notifications
Clear all

Facial Redness (with photos) plz help

MemberMember
(@thickjanuary)

Posted : 05/10/2018 11:30 pm

Hello. I recommend you view my other post before reading this one but if not it™s all good. Before I started accutane i had pretty bad facial redness. I fully blame benzoyl peroxide, and my dermatologist. I was prescribed BP at age 12 or 13 and i™d slather that stuff on my face. It has damaged it quite a bit. Anyways i™m on my last month of accutane switching between 80 mg to 120 every other day. My acne is cleared (just a few red spots from previous acne that should go away with time) and i™m happy with the results and only had the side effects like dry skin and what not. Anyways i™m still very concerned with my facial redness as i™ve dealed with it for literally years now. I™m very insecure about it. A few questions i™d love to be answered and you™ll be my hero. Will the redness fade with time? It™s not roasecea is it? Does my skin just need time to heal? Any products that™d help? I drink it™s of water and don™t eat to much junk food. Have  fairly good diet probably more on the bad side though. Who does have a good diet at age 16 though hah. And i wash  my face every other day (wash w room temp water every day though). But yeah jus pls help me out

this is 5 months ago starting accutane
C66E9BBB-35DF-43F3-97AE-A088C3D36273.thumb.png.ddd2bdc91994b9fc29a401e41477eff3.png
this is me currently 

1C430527-4CB2-48B5-97D9-802A88860472.thumb.png.aac13b762b89fc70b36522733b2de7c0.png

MemberMember
(@thickjanuary)

Posted : 05/15/2018 10:39 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 05/22/2018 5:14 pm

It's hard to say exactly what it is, without seeing a dermatologist or at least a general practitioner...Definitely could be rosacea or just irritation from previous and past acne.

I'm no doctor, but I would highly recommend trying their Soothe regimen to ease your redness.  I've attached a before and after so you can get an idea of what to expect if you were to use the products.  I personally used Soothe for a nasty dermatitis rash I had, and it cleared it up within a couple days (I can send you pics if you're curious, just let me know!)

171c8e6b85842d7667e78eba06993595.jpg

MemberMember
(@thickjanuary)

Posted : 05/22/2018 9:39 pm

On 5/23/2018 at 4:14 AM, klessard said:

It's hard to say exactly what it is, without seeing a dermatologist or at least a general practitioner...Definitely could be rosacea or just irritation from previous and past acne.

I'm no doctor, but I would highly recommend trying their Soothe regimen to ease your redness.  I've attached a before and after so you can get an idea of what to expect if you were to use the products.  I personally used Soothe for a nasty dermatitis rash I had, and it cleared it up within a couple days (I can send you pics if you're curious, just let me know!)

171c8e6b85842d7667e78eba06993595.jpg

Do you have rosacea? And is your skin sensitive? I™m just afraid to put any products on my face because it™s sensitive to everything and i feel like i™ll make it worse. Also my skin is somewhat more oily right now because i just barely got off accutane. But yeah your results are amazing. It™s kind of expensive though and i™d have to pay for it (parents wouldn™t). Do you actually believe it™d work for me?

And also will the redness come back if i stop usin the products or will it heal my skin for time to come?

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 05/23/2018 1:20 pm

15 hours ago, ThickJanuary said:
Do you have rosacea? And is your skin sensitive? Im just afraid to put any products on my face because its sensitive to everything and i feel like ill make it worse. Also my skin is somewhat more oily right now because i just barely got off accutane. But yeah your results are amazing. Its kind of expensive though and id have to pay for it (parents wouldnt). Do you actually believe itd work for me?

And also will the redness come back if i stop usin the products or will it heal my skin for time to come?

I personally do not have rosacea. My friend had the exact same issue - she was really hesitant and nervous to try the products for the same reasons as you. She was happily surprised at how gentle the products were and it cleared up her sensitive skin within a matter of weeks.
Personally, I have used the Soothe products for irritant dermatitis (bad reaction to a product I used, causing my skin to rash, swell, itch, etc) And it calmed it down and resolved it within 3 days.

Totally understand why you'd be hesitant to try, but the best part is that there's a 60 day money back guarantee. I've seen some pretty amazing results with the products and obviously can't *guarantee* anything, but yes, I think it would work for you.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 05/23/2018 3:34 pm

Your skin looks good man