Accutane

MemberMember
(@riven)

Posted : 05/10/2018 3:27 pm

hey peeps since i got home from the stats i went to two different derms before finally finding one just today like 10 mins who was willing to give me accutane he suggested it actually and i said yes but i am worried about his approach he said we ll do it for 6 months 40 mg (half my weight ) and when u start clearing we ll start lowering dosage but i was wondering what about the accumulitive dosage that i am supposed to get is he right or should i try to get him to dose it up when its time and all is good ? And yeah second derm gave a tetracycline (tetralysal 300mg) and some other stuff didnt make that much difference this derm said i should wait 2 more weeks cause it reacts with accutane is that right ?

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 05/10/2018 4:19 pm

40 minutes ago, Riven said:

hey peeps since i got home from the stats i went to two different derms before finally finding one just today like 10 mins who was willing to give me accutane he suggested it actually and i said yes but i am worried about his approach he said we ll do it for 6 months 40 mg (half my weight ) and when u start clearing we ll start lowering dosage but i was wondering what about the accumulitive dosage that i am supposed to get is he right or should i try to get him to dose it up when its time and all is good ? And yeah second derm gave a tetracycline (tetralysal 300mg) and some other stuff didnt make that much difference this derm said i should wait 2 more weeks cause it reacts with accutane is that right ?

Are you aware of all the side effects and do you accept that despite what the doctors are telling you they are not rare. My advice isfor you to ask yourself if you can live with the permanent side effects if they happen to you,
If the answer to that is yes then at least you know you took an informed risk and you can'r blame anyone
other than yourself. Just don't make the mistake in thinking these side effects won't happen to you.

If you want to discuss further PM me.

I wish you good luck.

MemberMember
(@riven)

Posted : 05/10/2018 4:34 pm

14 minutes ago, hatetane said:
Are you aware of all the side effects and do you accept that despite what the doctors are telling you they are not rare. My advice isfor you to ask yourself if you can live with the permanent side effects if they happen to you,
If the answer to that is yes then at least you know you took an informed risk and you can'r blame anyone
other than yourself. Just don't make the mistake in thinking these side effects won't happen to you.

If you want to discuss further PM me.

I wish you good luck.

I knw each side effect and i knw what the ones that they classified as rare but if anything happens i can always come off right? And what if nothing happens who knows, but when u say permanent which ones are u talking about

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 05/10/2018 5:29 pm

52 minutes ago, Riven said:
I knw each side effect and i knw what the ones that they classified as rare but if anything happens i can always come off right? And what if nothing happens who knows, but when u say permanent which ones are u talking about

They are just trying to scare you off it. Anyone can have life changing effects from any medicine, not just accutane, and yes the serious permanent effects are rare.

if you have come to the conclusion that your acne affects you to the point your on an acne board and you've tried antibiotics..then go for it.

If you didn't Google Accutane you wouldn't of questioned its side effects.

Don't let anyone waver your decision. As above, you can always come off it if it effecting you badly - like minocycline effected me badly.

Riven liked
MemberMember
(@riven)

Posted : 05/10/2018 5:47 pm

17 minutes ago, jPablo said:
They are just trying to scare you off it. Anyone can have life changing effects from any medicine, not just accutane, and yes the serious permanent effects are rare.

if you have come to the conclusion that your acne affects you to the point your on an acne board and you've tried antibiotics..then go for it.

If you didn't Google Accutane you wouldn't of questioned its side effects.

Don't let anyone waver your decision. As above, you can always come off it if it effecting you badly - like minocycline effected me badly.

I am determined hopefully it will be a good thing

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 05/12/2018 7:54 pm

On 5/10/2018 at 10:34 PM, Riven said:

http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Periodic_safety_update_single_assessment/2017/08/WC500234071.pdf

Jpablo has it seems an ulterior motive!

What I say makes sense.
I can assure you that it is not as easy as coming of it if something goes wrong.
If you become psychotic do you think you will be in control?
Look on the government website - it states quite clearly that ceasing the medication may not be enough
to resolve the problem.
It also says you should be constantly monitoredby someone close to you.
If you do get adverse sexual side effects you probably won't recover.
The sexual side effects mostly occur once you finish your accutane course.
Read the report above. Google accutane sexual side effects. Google Rxisk accutane.
Google suicide. Google accutane psychosis.
I can only hope you are older than 18 because the PIL states you should be past puberty.
I hope you are not high in Vit A but no one will check this so in theory it is a risk.

You can make whatever decision you chose - my only motive is to make sure you are informed.
I know from experience that you can't trust you dermatologist on this - they are very ill-informed.

Refer to what I said in my previous post. If you accept that the side effects might be permanent and that they might happen to you but you are still prepared to take the risk - then go ahead.

If I am not mistaken @jpablo has not finished his course of accutane yet - he may not even be on it.

Certainly he is not in a position to say it is safe!!

MemberMember
(@riven)

Posted : 05/15/2018 3:25 pm

On 5/13/2018 at 1:54 AM, hatetane said:
http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Periodic_safety_update_single_assessment/2017/08/WC500234071.pdf

Jpablo has it seems an ulterior motive!

What I say makes sense.
I can assure you that it is not as easy as coming of it if something goes wrong.
If you become psychotic do you think you will be in control?
Look on the government website - it states quite clearly that ceasing the medication may not be enough
to resolve the problem.
It also says you should be constantly monitoredby someone close to you.
If you do get adverse sexual side effects you probably won't recover.
The sexual side effects mostly occur once you finish your accutane course.
Read the report above. Google accutane sexual side effects. Google Rxisk accutane.
Google suicide. Google accutane psychosis.
I can only hope you are older than 18 because the PIL states you should be past puberty.
I hope you are not high in Vit A but no one will check this so in theory it is a risk.

You can make whatever decision you chose - my only motive is to make sure you are informed.
I know from experience that you can't trust you dermatologist on this - they are very ill-informed.

Refer to what I said in my previous post. If you accept that the side effects might be permanent and that they might happen to you but you are still prepared to take the risk - then go ahead.

If I am not mistaken @jpablo has not finished his course of accutane yet - he may not even be on it.

Certainly he is not in a position to say it is safe!!

Ive read and googled everything about accutane youtube vids all of it, the dermatologist that i am currently seeing is also a faculty professor who goes from time to time to work at the citys hospital so i kinda think he knows what he is doing and what he is taliing about or at least i hope so and i am 20

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 05/15/2018 4:42 pm

1 hour ago, Riven said:
Ive read and googled everything about accutane youtube vids all of it, the dermatologist that i am currently seeing is also a faculty professor who goes from time to time to work at the citys hospital so i kinda think he knows what he is doing and what he is taliing about or at least i hope so and i am 20

Prof or not, I would now always listen to the people who took the drug not the ones who prescribe it.

I hope things goes well for you but I really wish I could speak to your parents.

Anyway, good luck