Notifications
Clear all

My acne is never going away

MemberMember
(@tiredddd)

Posted : 05/10/2018 11:30 am

Hi there,
so im new here and this is the first time Im posting. Im sick and tired of my acne flare ups. I think theyre mostly hormonal cause its concentrated around the mouth and my chin, although I have like 3 huge zits on my forehead too. Im honestly beat and I dont know what to do as Im gonna go away for college soon and I dont want anyone to see my bare naked face.
Anyway I had acne from 2015 and in 2017 it cleared away when I used proactiv and went for regular microdermabrasion sessions but then a few acne stared popping up around my mouth and then I went off proactiv thinking Ill try the super hyped Korean skin care regime. So I purchased a baking powder face wash from etude house, pimple clearing pad from cosrx, tea tree oil from skin food and a collagen moisturizer from etude house. I started breaking out slowly and it reached to a point where there were angry red flares on my lower face. So I stopped the Korean cosmetics and now Im back on proactiv and Im also using the Clinique anti blemish sonic system( its a facial brush) and instead of the 2.5 %bp lotion Im using bio oil. Im also taking evening primrose oil supplement (3000 mg daily) to balance the hormones. But my skin isnt reacting at all. I mean a few pimples did clear up but then a few more huge bumps came up. At this point Im totally beat. I think its the purging phase of proactiv and the facial brush and the EPO. Its been a month since Ive used proactiv again. I feel so beat and sad and I dont know how I can face college with this hideous skin of mine.

MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 05/21/2018 7:11 pm

hey!! i think it might be the EPO supplements because i took them during the month of april and i broke out like crazy, never again will i touch EPO. i used to have small whiteheads on my forehead and my cheeks were legit clear but after taking the supplements, big red cysts starting appearing on both my cheeks and they were super inflamed, i stopped taking them for a month now and the hyperpigmentation left from the cysts are so dark, rip :/ but luckily, the cysts are gone