Notifications
Clear all

Can someone tell me what type of acne scars do I have?

MemberMember
(@themadtitannamedthanos)

Posted : 05/09/2018 3:58 pm

Hello,

This is my first time I am using the acne forums but I finally decided to ask for help and suggestions because I am tired of my acne scars.

I've had my acne scars for years and years now and I am now willing to go to dermatologist/cosmetic surgeon to try and fix my face. I just wanted to know what type of acne scars do I have because I know it's a combination of treatments but if anyone can tell my what type of scars do I have the most on my face then I would really appreciate it. Thanks alot guys.

20180509_164138.jpg

20180509_164159.jpg

MemberMember

Posted : 05/09/2018 4:34 pm

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/10/2018 1:36 am

9 hours ago, TheMadTitanNamedThanos said:

I've had my acne scars for years and years now and I am now willing to go to dermatologist/cosmetic surgeon to try and fix my face. I just wanted to know what type of acne scars do I have because I know it's a combination of treatments but if anyone can tell my what type of scars do I have the most on my face then I would really appreciate it. Thanks alot guys.

Hey, you have a combination of boxcar and rolling scars. It's not uncommon to have a little bit of everything. Your scars are not severe and should be quite treatable. However, before you embark on any major treatment, you will first need to bring the acne under control.

MemberMember

Posted : 05/10/2018 7:42 am

6 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:
Hey, you have a combination of boxcar and rolling scars. It's not uncommon to have a little bit of everything. Your scars are not severe and should be quite treatable. However, before you embark on any major treatment, you will first need to bring the acne under control.

thank you for your response.

I guess i am so self conscious about it that I actually see them as really bad. And that has affected me like other people with acne scars negatively throughout my life.

Yes, I am now starting to clean up my diet and routinely washing my face everyday twice a day.

but for my acne scars, since you said I have rolling and box scars, will my face respond good on subcision plus filler treatment?

and I don't have any icebox scars as far as I can see it right?

again thanks for responding.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/10/2018 8:37 am

PM'd you back,... thank you for your patience, 20 PM's to answer today.

BA

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/10/2018 1:44 pm

4 hours ago, TheMadTitanNamedThanos said:

I don't have any icebox scars as far as I can see it right?

For shallow icepicks, it gets pretty dicey because they look more like enlarged pores. Either way, I don't see any deep icepicks.

4 hours ago, TheMadTitanNamedThanos said:

since you said I have rolling and box scars, will my face respond good on subcision plus filler treatment?

I've always been of the opinion that subcision doesn't respond much to shallow scars. It's much better for medium to severe pits. As such, some of your scars will benefit from subcision but don't expect to give improvement across the board. You most likely do need additional treatments like Infini and TCA peel.

5 hours ago, TheMadTitanNamedThanos said:

I am now starting to clean up my diet and routinely washing my face everyday twice a day.

Bad idea. Washing twice a day will only dry out the skin, forcing the oil glands to go into hyper-drive and pump out more oil. That's how you end up with oily skin and clogged pores. Don't get so obsessed about cleanliness.

Regarding diet, I could go on for days debating this and that, but only thing I want to emphasize for now is that there's a big correlation between a healthy gut and healthy skin. Problem arises when things fall out of equilibrium, thereby weakening your immune system, which in turn leads to allergic reactions to certain foods like gluten, etc. To fortify your gut, eat yogurt and take probiotics. Fermented food like Kimchi is also very good.