Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Petunia1986

So frustrated!!

A little history...I am 31 years and have struggled with acne off and on since I was 12 years old. I've had times when Im 'clear' to me, but not to the average non acne sufferer. It got quite bad, probably moderate over this past year so I finally went to see a dermatologist. I was prescribed 100mg spironolactone, clyndamicin, and 0.25 tretinoin. I took the spironolactone for a week with awful side effects, even when I reduced the dose. I am still using the tretinoin and clyndamicin and am waking up with one or two new pimples every day, but haven't experienced any redness or dry skin. It's only been about two weeks using only these topicals. I feel like I have tried every kind of wash, cream, and treatment homemade, drugstore and highend, along with changing diet, drinking tea, etc. This is SO incredibly frustrating. Any thoughts? Is this amount of tretinoin too low? I feel like it's looking worse and cheek pimples that were flat and appeared to be going away are suddenly popping out and not budging. I am also certain that pimples are continuously popping up in the exact same spots!! What gives?!

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes