Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi. I have dealt with acne forever. I can't really remember what my acne was like in my teen years pre pill but I don't remember it being as bad as dealing with it while on the pill. After a year on the pill and poor eating habits I saw a dermatologist who did facial treatments on me such as Derma and light therapy. A year later the treatments have helped tremendously.. to this point my about two years into the pill. I got so clear at one point. I have been on BC since 2-3 years at this point and started face treatment a yearish into BC. I'm unsure if it was the pill or BC that cleared my skin. But my derma quit her job and ever since my skins gotten worse it was perfection at one point and my diet wasn't even that great. Now I'm eating so well, no diary be refined sugars so it's strange I'm breaking out. I keep producing oil around my chin and cheeks. Also, I originally went on BC to regulate my periods. Again, I don't remember my skin pre BC but a year into the BC and before seeing my dermatologist, my skin was the worst it's ever been!!! I just wanna know if I'm guaranteed to get worsened acne when  come off it. At the moment skins pre bad but not as bad as pre facial treatment and 1 year into pill I'm about 3 years into pill now and haven't done facials for like 8 months - gets worse slowly. I once when off it in the middle of the pack for two weeks but when I got off  had been eating well and good skin then all of a sudden I was eating very very badly like 3000+ calories of junk of daily as a result of being on a restrictive ridiculous low cal diet. Then when I went back on I didn't follow correct instead I carried on and took the pill that I was would be even up to had I not stopped.  When I stopped I took doxy which dried my skin so bad. I'm rambling I'm just  head on certain my skin will worsen. Bc should stop oil production instead it doesn't. Again I can feel remember my skin pre bc. I'm taking it purely for regularion reasons but wanna get off it because I'm tired of putting fake hormones into my body. Advice? I've tried ocm, salycic acid, differin, antibiotics etc. And nothing helps!