Notifications
Clear all

What is my skin condition?

MemberMember
(@pumpkinsoup)

Posted : 05/06/2018 10:37 pm

Hello, my skin is very weird, maybe someone has similar problems or could give me an advice. I'm only using Water to wash my face since cleansers use to dry my skin out also I'm only using BPO as spot treatment. Yet my skin is looks kinda oily or shiny (I can't really tell) and dry at some spots.

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/07/2018 2:59 am

Hello, it would be easier to help with some pictures.
How long have you been using BP and how often during the day do you use it, during evenings?

If you have oily skin then I would recommend using aloe vera gel during the evenings, this will make the skin moist and not oily.

MemberMember
(@pumpkinsoup)

Posted : 05/07/2018 12:05 pm

9 hours ago, AcneVM said:

Hello, it would be easier to help with some pictures.
How long have you been using BP and how often during the day do you use it, during evenings?

If you have oily skin then I would recommend using aloe vera gel during the evenings, this will make the skin moist and not oily.

I haven't used the BPO regimen for over a month. At the moment I'm only using BPO on a few pimples 1-2 times a day mostly in the evening.

I think Aloe Vera gel broke me out when I used it for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

MemberMember
(@legends)

Posted : 05/09/2018 6:44 am

Have you tried going to a dermatologist?

MemberMember
(@pintador)

Posted : 05/12/2018 12:05 pm

I used sea salt water before. It would leave the face looking matt and I also felt like it helped drying out pimples and prevent them. It is very important that you use SEA SALT and not any table salt. Just mix it in a clean bottle and dab it on with some makeup pads.

Can read more about it here:
https://www.acne.org/sea-salt-reviews-489/

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/12/2018 11:26 pm

On 5/6/2018 at 8:37 PM, PumpkinSoup said:

Hello, my skin is very weird, maybe someone has similar problems or could give me an advice. I'm only using Water to wash my face since cleansers use to dry my skin out also I'm only using BPO as spot treatment. Yet my skin is looks kinda oily or shiny (I can't really tell) and dry at some spots.

BP, by its nature, is supposed to dry out your skin. However, dry skin sends the message to the sebaceous gland that its oil well is getting low and it needs to crank out more. Hence, the reason for the combination.

MemberMember
(@benditty)

Posted : 05/14/2018 4:53 am

I am also suffering from same situation. Now I would like to get rid of it. How to make my skin shinny.

MemberMember
(@pumpkinsoup)

Posted : 05/18/2018 11:28 am

On 13.5.2018 at 6:26 AM, Sirius Lee said:
BP, by its nature, is supposed to dry out your skin. However, dry skin sends the message to the sebaceous gland that its oil well is getting low and it needs to crank out more. Hence, the reason for the combination.

But I only use BP as a spot treatment for pimples not across the whole face. Does that still make my whole face produce more oil?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/18/2018 7:16 pm

7 hours ago, PumpkinSoup said:
But I only use BP as a spot treatment for pimples not across the whole face. Does that still make my whole face produce more oil?

Well, not everyone who uses BP reacts this way, so it's hard to say without first considering other factors like diets and genetics. However, it's worth noting that our body doesn't pick and choose only one or two spots on the face when it feels something is either lacking or that it's under an imminent threat. For example, when the body is malnourished, either by famine or extreme diet, it goes into a self-preservation mode, whereby it tries to store as much food (calorie) as possible in a storage (fat). Such a reaction doesn't just affect one portion of the body like the face or belly, it affects the entire body. Another example would be when our body is invaded by nasty virus and bacteria. In such a scenario, our body immediately raises a red flag. It will not just alert one part of the body but the entire body to go into a lockdown mode.