Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meydany

Low Dose Pantethine + Acetyl-L Carnitine

Hi! I've read many posts about success with megadosing vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid), however I rather not risk the side effects. I have mild acne with extremely oily skin (to the point where I can fill up 4-5 oil blotting sheets every hour or so), so I wanted to try taking Pantethine as a way of combatting the oil. I read that Pantethine is much more effective in comparison to Pantothenic Acid and that 300mg Pantethine is approximtely equivalent to 3g of Pantothenic Acid, however I'm not sure if this is entirely true. Has anybody had success with taking low-dose Pantethine (I'm thinking 600mg/day) in conjunction with Acetyl-L Carnitine (500mg/day?)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

I'm also taking 50mg Zinc, 10,000 IU Vitamin A, 400 IU Vitamin E, and 1000g Vitamin C per day.

For the young woman concerned about self-image, skin complexion is obviously very important. Even a small amount of acne with one or two strategically placed pimples can be intolerable. For the unfortunate few, acne can be progressive leading to scarring and disfigurement, with the pitting and nodularity of Acne Vulgaris.