Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide Ruined My Face!!!!!:(

MemberMember
(@vnessafisk)

Posted : 05/06/2018 2:08 pm

Ok so Im an idiot. I had some mild acne on my cheeks like 4-5 pimples on each side and they usually come up only during finals which I dont mind, but since a lot of my family members kept pointing it out and asking what was wrong i got sick of it & decided to use benzoyl peroxide 5% which a dermatologist told me to get a while back. Anyway i applied it and then waited till it dried then applied some moisturizer & it was fine. next day i had some redness didnt think much of it so I applied it again overnight. The next day i woke up and my face was HUGE & RED!! Just super swollen i looked like a sunburnt potato, so ugly honestly.Idk what happened if the 5% was too much or if im allergic, anyway i stopped using it.
The day after that my face was very very ichy and still swollen & red. Now 3 days later & my face is still swollen and the redness hasnt subsided at all its just not itchy but ive developed this gritty skin texture like there are these tiny bumps (not pimples) all over where i applied the BP. And I didnt have any dryness or flaking so far.

Someone tell me how do i get rid of this asap!!! Especially the swelling I cant go to school like this my face is so bad its hard to look at. Also the gritty skin if anyone has had this its not permanent right???? :(((

MemberMember
(@blossomingskin)

Posted : 05/25/2018 8:42 pm

You must have gotten an allergic reaction to benzoyl peroxide, in that case you should definitely stop usage and hopefully your skin should return to normal within a few days, or either used too much bp? Make sure you only use a very very small amount since its strong and drying. When I first used it my face was red/irritated in the areas I used it however, this subsided over a few days